my last 2 deals the sellers have demanded extra postage atter having free postage,sham!!

It used to be a pleasure to deal on eBay, now after being conned two times in a row will never deal again

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: my last 2 deals the sellers have demanded extra postage atter having free postage,sham!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why have you not left appropriate feedback if you were wrongly asked for money for postage?

Nobody can take notice of your complaint if they don't know who the seller is.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: my last 2 deals the sellers have demanded extra postage atter having free postage,sham!!

You are not obligated to paying more than shown in the listing.

So don't pay and ask for a cancellation if a seller asks for more.

BUT, check carefully because some listings will show free postage within a country or within a postal region but charges apply outside of that.

Did you look in the postage section and enter your postcode before buying ?

If not, then it's your own fault for not checking.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry to break it to you but eBay don't care. Even if they did read here (which they don't)

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Are you using the app?

Sometimes the app shows free postage when it's not free at all.

The app is useless.

Don't use it.

Use the full site via your browser.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Go onto a proper computer and double check the ads from there, see what it said next to the postage.

As stawka said, maybe the app played up and was misleading. Some ads do have postage but might show up as free on the app, which is a fault for sure with the site. So don't write the sellers off as con artists just yet. I have never struck this trouble but I always buy via my computer.

But if you find that the postage was most definitely listed as free whichever way you view it, then you do not have to pay extra. Nor do you need to ask for a cancellation. If you have paid in full, it is then up to the seller to either post it or cancel it themselves.

If they do neither of those things, you can open an item not received claim with ebay and get your money back that way.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

When I used to list my items with both postage costs or pickup (no postage) I noticed that my ads said "free postage", on the search list, then when opening up the listing, this disappeared. I was so annoyed, thinking it would be misleading to buyers, that I removed the pickup option.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Are you sure it didn't say - Free local pick up, in searches ?

Some buyers get that mixed up thinking it's free postage.

But there has been a long running problem if listing from phones or using the app with local pick up items showing as free postage.

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

No definitely said "free postage" in big letters came up under the item on searches on each listing. I was really taken aback, checked my listings to make sure I have not done anything wrong.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Just to add I use a desktop computer for everything, so no phone aps. As for mobile phones, I absolutely hate them. I use one a couple of times a year at most, just to make a phone call, wouldn't know how to do anything else with them, and have no desire to ever learn how.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply