no handling time on listing

I've purchased an item, no word from the Seller, item not yet posted, I guess it's only a couple of days, so not overly concerned, however, I cannot find anything about their handling time. I suspect this is another eBay change, or should I go to SpecSavers??

Changes never seem to be for the better, if I could see their handling time it would explain what I should expect, e.g. do they post in 3, 5, 7 days or whatever. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Go into the listing then change the tab from description to postage n payments.

The handling time should show there in the postage section.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Ours used to show, but disappeared sometime last year. We have now added it to the description so we can say "as stated in our listing ...." when asked if we've posted the item.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Handling time?

You don't seem to have a handling time either.

But if you look at the teensy tiny print in the postage and payments tab it says -

* Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin postcode, destination postcode and time of acceptance and will depend on postage service selected and receipt of cleared payment  Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Perhaps only shows for a purchased listing rather than an active one.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I've found it to be very hit and miss when looking under the postage tab. It doesn't matter if I've purchased or not, sometimes it shows, other times it doesn't. As someone else said, I have it in my description in case it's a day when it's not showing in mine.

The Op could get some idea by looking at the estimate dates. My handling time is 5 days, so even intrastate the estimate date still shows nearly 2 calender weeks.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No, it is not showing anywhere.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

My listings used to show the handling time and I have changed nothing, I still select a handling time when listing.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

All listings show an estimated delivery date they don't show when a seller is going to post the item.

Ebay are the only one's that are informed of the sellers posting time so therefor ebay gives you the estimate.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I don't see why you need to see a handling time.

It's included in the estimated delivery date.

So you get a fair idea of when it should arrive.

Unless, for some reason you 'want to have a go' at the seller for not posting it

within their handling time frame.

Spoiler
 Your name's not Michelle, is it?
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply