platypus code is not for international purchase?

ken_yau
Community Member

platypus code is not for international purchase? 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: platypus code is not for international purchase?

ken_yau
Community Member
and i got the eBay gift card
why can i use on international purchase?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

ken_yau, have you read the terms and conditions for the coupon code PLATYPUS?

Your purchase needs to be $50 or more, and it can't be an item from • Real Estate • Coins • Services • Cars, Bikes, Boats • Tickets, Travel • Other Lots More Items • Gift Cards.. It also can't be used in conjunction with another discount code or voucher. I suspect that may be where the trouble lies, if you tried using both of those (gift card plus the coupon code) together.

Does any of that help?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

LEGO from US
it works for aus lego
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I think the Contess is right.

I haven't bought anything, but I looked at some international items over $50 and under the price it said "Pay Only... Show Me How", so it should work.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

sanwe87
Community Member

I have seen listings that say "Pay Only...Show me How" and it indicates 10% will be deducted. So I add it to Cart then try to check out and it tells me "This code can not be applied". I am not using a gift card and it is shoes so it's in one of the acceptable catergories. I tried it on a different pair of international shoes and got the same thing. I tried it on my daughter's account and got the same thing. It's bad enough we have to pay 10% GST now but to not get the 10% discount for no apparent reason is like adding insult to injury. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It happened to me once with another code and I let them know, showed them what I had bought etc. and they gave me a refund or a voucher, I don't remember, but at any rate they acknowledged the code should have been applied.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I had the same problem this morning and phoned eBay. 

The work asround they gave me was log onto the Ebay for the country you are purchasing - For example if it is the UK log onto ebay.co.uk.  Just log on with your Australian Ebay user name and password. 

Purchase from this site and apply the code and it will work and you will receive the discount. The Ebay agent stepped me though this process to get it to work. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

That is definitely good to know.

(Not for me personally; I spent judiciously but extravagantly just before pre-low-value-imported-goods-GST-June gave up the ghost. Bu especiallyt for anyone who has been blindsided by this GST, it's a soothing way to transition to the harsh reality of 10% higher costs for goods and delivery of international items.)

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I was blindsided by the GST because the ebay Cart did not work.

I had bought from this US seller before and had no problems with the 2 items combining.  I decided to make another 2 purchases before the GST kicked in but the stupid Cart did not combine postage.  I asked the seller to combine for me and he answered at 12.19am.

It is a pity I had paid before this discount offer started.

Done like a dinner as they say!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply