policies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay can go on about policies but yet when i try to report i get no where amazing how a seller can send you stuff bought from AMAZON AUSTRALIA and the happy little seller sends you a amazonaustralia.com.au stating the order from AMAZON!!! TWO! at that each bar of soap sent in a separate parcel , TWICE!!!!! this was sent along with : A gift for you 

Naveed Jatt .  OH how wonderful E bay stated they will look into it !!! BA HAHAHA , what a joke the so called seller had bought this soap from AMAZON and he only paid $7 odd for them , i paid $13 odd each ! 

try to contact e bay ? OH NO NO that does not happen does it, try to find "BREACH OF POLCISEE" in the happy little half cooked pages of it. no chance of that is there 

here is the code on the AMAZON order SDYHbk?CSVx 

good on you Ebay some POLCISEE you have,  

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

policies

@springyzone wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

I know you find this illogical but just let me warn you this is how 99% of buyers would feel. Very annoyed.  The seller deserves a neg because he is a prize idiot & maybe a Darwin award as well as I can't think of a much faster way to kill his business.

Can you show me the study and survey which states 99% of buyers.  Just making up figures for you own benefit.  LOL

😀Sure, I made the figure up, but I actually think I may have underestimated it.😁

That's twice I have read of it, and  so far, 100% negative reaction.  People don't like to feel they were conned a bit and that's how most people would feel. The degree of annoyance anger would vary but I can't think of anyone (that i know, at least) who would actually be happy. 

LOL.  I love this answer,  and yes you are right 100% have bleeted about it.  But as we all no its only the people who bleet that come to forums and say something,  you never see someone come on and say good things.

Now to use your argument and I will make up some numbers,  but here goes

Using a 2021 stat there were 12 million visitors to Ebay Australia a month, now realistically lets say only 10% made a purchase,  thats still 1.2million per month.

So multiply that out for say this year,  and we have had 2 bleeting people,  so I guess that means 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people are happy,   a more accurate figure than bleeting on a forum,

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

policies

@sugar249 wrote:

So multiply that out for say this year,  and we have had 2 bleeting people,  so I guess that means 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people are happy,   a more accurate figure than bleeting on a forum,

😅  Nope, incorrect I am afraid. The majority of sellers don't do the sales through a 3rd party.

Do you?

We've had plenty of newbies come onto the boards in the last year with whinges, haven't we?  But usually about other aspects of the sale.

And I guess it comes down, too, to the fact if a seller does sell that way, it is apparently against ebay policy so ebay should do something about it. Ebay itself must think it is a whinge-worthy act.

Not buying stock from Amazon per se, but the breach of the 3rd party fulfillment policy.

PS I just had a thought. (I sometimes do) Here we are at the OK corral, me on one side saying 99% of buyers wouldn't be impressed with 3rd party fulfillment, especially when they get an invoice showing a 50% cheaper price.

On the other side you, saying 99.9999 etc% would be very happy.

The truth is out there somewhere I guess, between the two.

Realistically though, what % of buyers do you think would be happy? They may not come to the forum, they might just vote with their feet. But what % do you think would be really be happy?

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

policies

I wouldn’t be happy receiving an item from a third party when I’d ordered from a specific seller. There is a whole range of issues that come into play here,  including privacy of information.

According to my research at http://www.winkwinkunrealstats.org.au/3rdparty_buysat.php, 99.023% of buyers who purchased from eBay sellers who breached the relevant policy in this way were “highly disgruntled”, while 0.7% were “inflamed to such fury that they tracked down the seller/s concerned and punched them on the nose”. The remaining buyers declined to participate.

(The above is merely a whimsy.)

Sellers who dropship are responsible for knowing the relevant policies and not lazily ignoring them. This sort of order fulfilment is not permitted on eBay … und damit basta!

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

policies

$20.00 for a tin of soup, but you get free postage,  now thats a bargain I can pass up.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

policies

or Dave for that matter

I can't find any record of me or any other Dave posting on this thread , so which pseudonym are you trying to out?

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

policies

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

The thing is, buyers need to shop around to get the best price........

I usually search online for an item I want and then go to the best seller. I don't start with ebay but may end up here. However a while back I bought some boxes on ebay because I couldn't find them elsewhere. When they arrived the seller had included a business card with their website details. So the next time I wanted some of the same I looked at their website first - more expensive than those they had listed on ebay.  So it is worth the effort to do some research and occasionally reveals the unexpected.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

policies

I think it's because you had the audacity to like one of my comments.   Such a naughty person

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

policies

@sugar249 wrote:

I think it's because you had the audacity to like one of my comments.   Such a naughty person

No, I don't think it is an 'audacity' for anyone to like your posts, I've done it myself several times.

It's really though just you & me knocking around in here now as OP seems to have disappeared.

I just think we need to look beyond the OP's anger and consider the issues.

1. 3rd party fulfillment

2. Difficulty getting ebay to do anything about it.

3. 3rd party fulfillment is against ebay's own policies.

I am hoping bleeting found a way to get into ebay chat and complain & I am hoping ebay did something about it, but my confidence isn't high.

And no, I don't know the exact % of customers who would be disgruntled if it happened to them but I am fairly confident it would be 'up there' as in fairly high. After all, we have loads of people who come on the boards hopping mad if an item comes from China and they ordered thinking it was an Australian seller. And they're people who got the item but are upset as the parcel came with a postage stamp they weren't expecting.

So I have serious doubts an item from Amazon with an invoice at half the price would thrill most customers either. Let's call it a hunch.😁

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

policies

@sugar249 wrote:

I like naughty people 😄 

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply