postage cost scam buying selling ebay

I am sick of being told international postage cost will be $8.00 and when I go to pay via paypal postage is suddenly $29. ebay is no help when sellers increase their postage price at checkout, because ebay gets their slice / percentage of the postage price. ebay do not follow through with their standards policies and supposedly . I hate buying from USA people who use Pitney Bowes, Inc. the new shipping program has turned me off buying from international ebay sellers. ebay has become a horrible shopping experience, not fun like it use to be, it has really gone downhill and is not enjoyable anymore due to postage costs rip offs and other problems they have introduced.

Pull your socks up ebay, you don't get more popular and grow as a company by being greedy and dishonest and not supporting your customers.

I hate the global shipping program scam Pitney Bowes, Inc. they offer a totally **bleep** service and their charges are unrealistic. I have never given Pitney Bowes authority to withdraw money from my paypal account but they take money from my paypal everytime I purchase from international sellers.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't think many will disagree with you adventure. Pitney Bowes is horrible !!!  You can always ask the seller if they would use another Service ๐Ÿ™‚  As you mentioned and I must agree with you, that ebay are actually making it  difficult in certain aspects of Buying / Selling an unpleasant & sometimes difficult procedure.  It will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves for 2015 & so on.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@adventure.bay wrote:

ebay is no help when sellers increase their postage price at checkout, 

The sellers are NOT increasing their postage at checkout in this case. That extra cost is solely Pitney Bowes doing & the fees they charge. The sellers have nothing to do with that & shouldn't be blamed for it. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

my international purchases have dropped by 99% easily. 2 years ago i bought mostly from the USA now i havent bought anything from there in i dont know how long. you see charges of up to $60 postage for an item that would fit in a normal letter envelope! it must be having an effect on sales worldwide, but good old feebay is ignoring it so it seems.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I just see ebay going downhill. losing buyer confidence = less buyers = lower sales and lower sale prices = less sellers = less profit for ebay.

Wake up ebay the buyers and sellers are your wealth creators. This global shipping program is stealing money from peoples paypal accounts and charging astronomical postage prices for sub standard postage. And ebay and paypal take a percentage of the postage costs that also creates disadvantage for the seller and most sellers are not even aware that paypal and ebay are taking a pecentage of the postage price. I will not buy from sellers who use the global shipping program / Pitney Bowes. And all the problems that ebay have created with the so called improvements has actually turned people off using ebay. Fix the problems, stop being so greedy and Make it fun again, before it is too late!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I don't buy much from ebay anymore...and international postage prices changing after I purchase is a real turn off for me. I am aware that most sellers have no idea what postage prices are coming up on their listings for international postage cost. I message some sellers and they are amazed that such prices are on their listings. A few have opted out of the global shipping program because of this...I just won't buy from sellers who use pitney bowes...

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

read the global shipping program policy on your paypal payment page before completing payment....is anyone aware that when you buy anything and pitney bowes is the postage provider when you make payment to the seller you have automatically given pitney bowes power of Attorney to your money and paypal account...effective from 19th September 2014.

Their policy is really bad. You can find it by clicking on terms and conditions on your paypal payment page when you are going to pay for an item. it is just above the continue button. I wish I could cut and paste it here but this forum doesn't allow cut and pasting...you will be amazed at this policy so please make the effort to look at it and read it...BEWARE it's bad stuff.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Agree with everything you say. However, for large, heavy, bulky items, it's actually cheaper to come via GSP. Sometimes significantly cheaper (for me it was $US69 as opposed to $US 135).

It's easy to see at a glance which sellers are using it, both in the search results and the actual listing. I just avoid those sellers. If it's something that's really hard to get, I ask the seller if they would be willing to post via USPS. Quite often they are. Quite often they don't even know they are opted in to the GSP.

The thing I really hate about it is the inability to combine postage for more than 1 item. If each item has $25 postage and you buy 5, you are expected to pay $125 for something that would normall cost about $18 sent via USPS. So many buyers are being caught and actually paying it thinking if they don't, they will be reprimanded somehow. Thankfully, when I got hit with over $200US for postage, my seller offered to cancel and I gratefully accepted as soon as the requests came in.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Please stop spamming messages. Members can see the new thread you created. You don't need to spam others.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply