postage prices too high

Cost of some postage from some sellers is exorbitant. I just enquired recently for postage from the United States for a 500gram pack of pet food and it was like $90.00. Unbelievable. And Ive noticed other sellers with postage for a tiny item doing the same. No one could afford to buy this. Please sellers we want to buy these items but cannot afford the postage. Be reasonable.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: postage prices too high

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

gee michelle between this thread & your other one by the sound of things you are having a tough time on ebay.

Specialty treats for mice? Ok its official I have now heard it all.lol Smiley LOL 

fish are so much easier eh?

fishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.giffishy.gif

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I too agree that postage from the USA even the UK is expensive even when it costs more than the item it's self. Wow didn't know you could buy pet food on ebay, you learn a new thing everyday well i did lol. But yeah buying internationally sucks cause of shipping i prefer not buy there unless its an item i can't get in Australia.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Also depends on the type of shipment. USPS priority mail is really expensive so see if the seller is prepared to offer an alternate shipment method. I just purchased about 20 second hand DVDs from the US - shipping was $6.00 - Bargain. I will have to wait a while but at that price I can wait.

In terms of confiscations I once ordered some second hand books from America (about $400 worh). They were nearly destroyed by customs because the seller had packed them into used (but empty) cardboard fruit and veggie boxes so it was the packing material and not the contents that caused issues. Luckily customs was kind enough to repack them in OZ and send them on. I would never have thought of that (nor apparently did the seller).

Good luck

PS Do mice really appreciate gourmet food?

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

The mice that visit me could not care less...they will eat anything.Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I used to keep mice as pets, there fav treat was chocolate, no way would I have gone to the boither of importing treats from the US, such a thing probably wasn't available anyway, after all it is about 50 years since the last one shed these mortal coils lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply