purchases marked as delivered. they have not been delivered. seller says returned to them

Hello Everyone, 

Purchased three items from the same seller on 17th February. The purchase was marked as delivered on 21st February. 

Ebay: as far as they are concerned, it has been delivered. 😞  No assistance from them whatsover.

I contacted Australia post because it certainly had not been delivered to us here. I contacted the seller to ask them to look into it.  They let me know the purchase was returned to them, with the reason being Australia post could not deliver it.  Which is quite odd. 

The seller has said they have re posted. I asked if there was a new tracking number for the re post. No response. 😞 

Not the first time purchases have been marked as delivered when they have not been.  Nothing seems to change, no matter how many times you ask a business to not mark your purchases as delivered when they have not been. The stress this causes is not pleasant.  Is there anything else we can do?  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: purchases marked as delivered. they have not been delivered. seller says returned to them

Good Morning chameleon54,  oh dear, expensive error.   

We concur something is amiss with this purchase.  If seller has made an error, it happens, best to let buyer know. 

communication and honesty always best. We are not going to jump up and down and have a tantrum. 

Thank you, we hope so as well. It is stressful when items are marked as delivered

when they have not been.  (not the first time)  Ebay will not assist, because to them, purchases marked as delivered, are delivered, even when they have not been. That is wrong of ebay to behave that way.  😞

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: purchases marked as delivered. they have not been delivered. seller says returned to them

Thanks gumadee'  Good to read your re post arrived safely 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Good Morning shoppingbag,   That brings to mind, sometime ago when I was in a post office sending off a large letter. 

I had to point out to the AP employee she had done that exact thing, Read the return address as delivery address. If I had not had pointed that out to her, I, the sender, would have received the letter, instead of the recipient it was addressed to.  

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks kopenhagen,  Hope so.  🙂 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:
I have also had them read the return address as the delivery address and the item was sent back to me, some post office staff obviously don't know the word "sender"

I use eBay labels these days, but before I did, I would hand write labels. I was very specific in how I wrote them.

TO

Joe Bloggs

123 Your Street

Some Town NSW 1234

and on the back or side of the parcel....

FROM

Jane Doe

456 My Street

My Town NSW 5678

I always wrote the TO and FROM larger than the addresses, and underlined them. Never had a parcel sent to me instead of the recipient.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

This has happened to me as a seller because I addressed all the 3kg prepaid satchels to myself so thery were "delivered" within 2 days of posting, delivered to me.

I went to the PO and asked if I needed to buy new satchels and they said to correct the addresses on the satchels and they would put them through the system again so the same tracking numbers.

I told my buyers what had happened.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy............Glad I,m not the only one who stuffs up occasionally ( and is prepared to admit it on the forums......Smiley Wink    ).     At least the PO looked after you.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I was so excited waiting for the parcel guy to bring up my parcels in the lift, then when I saw the parcels I thought I know that writing from somewhere and was so devestated when I realised it was my writing and  they were not purchases I had forgotten about.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply