quarantine permit

Does anyone know anything about quarantine permits so as you can import food product from the US.
Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

quarantine permit

You'll be on their radar now.

Message 11 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Shhh HBH she's talking to herself again,might hear some secrets...

Message 12 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Michelle only ever talks to herself despite being told several times how to answer particular posters.

Message 13 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

As soon as I saw the heading, before I even logged onto the Buying forum, I just knew this question was from Michelle.

LOL

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 14 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

The only assumption I can come up with is the package has probably been damaged in transit and the food was contaminated.
I have had a lot of similar type food items posted to me from US sellers and there hasnt been any problems.
But quarantine wont give you any of the finer details.
Message 15 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

The seller cant understand why it was quarantined. They are actually very annoyed about it. They more or less said to me. This makes no sense.And they also said this has never happened to us before.
Message 16 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Well it has happened now and there is not much you can do about it.

That is the chance you take when you buy any sort of foodstuffs or plants from overseas.  Rules change, the inspecting officers change and maybe don't interpret the rules in the same way.

The letter you received from Customs should have told you why the item was impounded...they don't just grab it and tell you nothing.  You are usually given an option to contact someone if you feel the items were falsely impounded.

Message 17 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

They didnt send a letter. It was on the tracking info.And they also emailed me. Fedex.And also no chance of item being released. It will be destroyed or sent back to the seller. And yes its just the chance you take with foodstuffs.
Message 18 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Don't you find it quite expensive postage/shipping wise Michelle, to have food items sent from overseas?

Message 19 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Michelle, if the item came from the USA via FedEx, does that mean that the seller used the GSP?  

If so, then there is your answer...the GSP will not ship anything that is banned in any country that they ship to.  They refuse to ship any sort of knife here even if it is just ordinary cutlery.

Also Pitney Bowes is notorious for not filling out the Customs paperwork correctly so that is possibly why your parcel has been stopped by Customs here.

If this is the case, I suggest you tell the seller that this will probably keep happening if he uses the GSP.....and make sure you do't buy from sellers who use it or it will get a bit expensive for you.

Message 20 of 49
Latest reply