quarantine permit

Does anyone know anything about quarantine permits so as you can import food product from the US.
Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quarantine permit

@michellebartley wrote:
Does anyone know anything about quarantine permits so as you can import food product from the US.

Not really, but there is information available on a number of relevant sites. After a quick google, I can tell you that you have to submit an application form and pay fees for each item or item type, then once approved you can look into importing the item in question. (Looking at the fee schedule, minimum cost per application is $185). 

I'd say this is a good starting place: http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/import/application 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

quarantine permit

Best advise....contact Customs.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

*sighs* what has happened this time?

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Another drama
Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

LOL i know but look someone gotta ask which U.K seller is rocking in a corner right now Smiley LOL

Here michelle,have a vallium,i hand 'em out like kudos.

Really here are many recipes for baking doggie treats,why not get your precious self into the kitchen & bake some.Save some $ & stress for everyone? Please?

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

*snort* "rocking in the corner" lmao
Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

@michellebartley wrote:

Not really, but there is information available on a number of relevant sites. After a quick google, I can tell you that you have to submit an application form and pay fees for each item or item type, then once approved you can look into importing the item in question. (Looking at the fee schedule, minimum cost per application is $185). 

I'd say this is a good starting place: http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/import/application 

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Ok thankyou.
Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

Commercial quantities or for personal use?  I don't think it would be viable $$ wise for personal use.

Food standards

Like food that is produced domestically, food that is imported into Australia must meet Australian food standards. The monitoring of imported food is a responsibility shared across many government agencies, including those at local, state, territory and federal levels.

Imported food fees

The Australian Government requires the Department of Agriculture (the department) to recover 100 per cent of the cost of running its inspection system and this is achieved by charging fees for services provided.

Where a single consignment is made up of multiple food lines, each subject to the Imported Food Inspection Scheme, the consignment clearance fee will be applicable for each separate clearance that is granted. Department inspection fees can be found in Schedule 2, Regulation 33 of the Imported Food Control Regulations 1993 - Fees for chargeable services.

Importers should also be aware of the costs associated with laboratory testing performed by Appointed Analysts. These costs are invoiced directly to the importer by the Appointed Analysts. Please contact the Appointed Analysts for the charges associated with the testing of imported food.

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/import/food

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

quarantine permit

I bought a food item from the US. and it didnt pass quarantine inspection. Oh well dem da breaks.
Message 10 of 49
Latest reply