returning faulty item

I recently bought a bnwt pair of ugg boots from a seller. I wore them once for a couple of hours inside the house and then the next time I put them on the zip split open as I was zipping them up. I have requested to return for a refund & attached photos as they are faulty.

Seller is refusing as she says they were fine when she sent them and now they are used as I have worn them. She says I should have told her they were faulty before I wore them!!! I obviously couldn't do that as they broke the second time I tried to wear them. The seller has been a bit unpleasant right from the start and has accused me of forcing the zip causing it to break, which is untrue.

Do I stand a chance with doing a return through ebay, because they are not brand new anymore as I have worn them albiet very briefly?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

returning faulty item

aww, now you made me wanna pair of ugg boots ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

They are certainly different than they were in my day. They were for utility and comfort back, and certainly didn't have zips.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

You'd have to have good eyes to pick the difference between those two labels, eh?

Personally, I think the zip is a bad idea, cos they sag with wear anyway

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

It took me a little while to be able to pick the difference between those 2 labels. The first thing I noticed after the obvious poorly cut label on the fake was the second G. Where the top part of the G joins the first G, it seems to stick out towards the middle, more so than curve around. Then I noticed the right arm on the U on the fake was larger than the genuine. The overall lettering looked flatter on the fake.

If you only had the fake there, it would be hard to pick the difference though without having a genuine label to compare it too. It was interesting reading the link too, as were the comments at the bottom. A LOT of scam sites out there. It was an eye opener.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

I was amazed at the number of scam sites.

I took it up to 300% and could see the differences, but as you say,

unless you have both to compare.............you'd be pushing it uphill

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

Well the seller escalated the claim before I had the chance to and lo and behold ebay have just found in the sellers favour!!!

I am gobsmacked that this could happen. So I have a pair of ugg boots that I have worn once for 3 hours that cost me $90.00 and they are useless. I know the seller didn't sell them with a broken zip but surely they should last longer than that!

If I bought from b&m store they wouldn't hesitate to refund. I don't know what to do now. I sell a lot on ebay just to have the funds for my buying but I don't think I will be doing much buying here now. Not if I can't be sure to get a refund for faulty items!

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

returning faulty item

Try aand open a Paypal dispute, as Ebay and Paypal are seperate enties these days.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply