seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained she

I  bought and paid for items for my daugyter. Waited for them to arrive and when we opened it the seller placed a sticky note on the bottom telling me to leave it on loudest as it only works on that. In her description nothing mentions only works on loude. So instead of contacting me she thought it was fine to do this. I complained about it and then she makes out it still works thats not the point. Sometimes the toys are too loud on highest setting. She told me to sasy sorry to her before refunding me as I put a case in against her. I told her she should have contacted me before sending it if she only found out thats not fair on me. Now she  says I abused her. She told me to resend it back in the box and write return sender. You are not allowed to do this. When I told her she is not allowwed to do this she got abusive so I called ebay.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

Yes i did ask So you feel okay about keeping the money and the item?, just because I want to know,

It's hard to see what's right here - the seller has very good feedback over 6000 with a lot of happy buyers  - ok two negatives, but one from the OP - and the seller says that the buyer was abusive, not the other way round.    

I can understand that the buyer was disappointed,  and agree that the seller should have refunded and accepted a return;   but there is no need for either party to be abusive.     Could have been handled better.

Message 11 of 47
Latest reply

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

Both negatives are from the same buyer....the OP.

Obviously both parties are going to pain the other as being the abusive one but as you say, the whole thing could have been handled better.

Message 12 of 47
Latest reply

I know I wouldn't be at all happy if I got a note in the box, telling me

it only works on loud.

Message 13 of 47
Latest reply

Did you buy the second item just so you could leave another negative feedback?

Just so you know, there are plenty of lurkers on this forum that never post. It's not uncommon for them to contact sellers in this situation to either direct them to messages about them or inform them when a buyer has violated feedback policy and that they can have such feedback removed.

Message 14 of 47
Latest reply

Tippy, I doubt someone's gunna spend $25 just to leave a red dot.

There was only 4 days between sales.

Message 15 of 47
Latest reply

why is it the seller did wrong but some of you will go and tell teh seller that I put a complaint about her. What dont have anything better to do mostn't work you seem to be always on this making comments and always on the seller side you need a life. I bought both at same time and I can say what I feel about how I was treated. But no you think it is wrong for me to give a negative and go tell the seller well good on you miss goody to shoe. Nothing better to do but contact all sellers when buyers makes complaints on this site

Message 16 of 47
Latest reply

The whole saga sounds a bit "pot-kettle" Tippy, there's more here than meets the eye I reckon,  and niether party gets out of this smelling like roses methinks.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 47
Latest reply

@bella*jamie*funny*buggers wrote:

But no you think it is wrong for me to give a negative 

But you have left 2 negs, were both items faulty or did you give the second neg out of spite????

I suspect the latter since it was NIB so unlikely to be faulty.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 47
Latest reply

Nobody has said  that you should not have left a negative.   I was just pointing out that it is against ebay's feedback policy to mention disputes and can lead to the removal of that feedback.   Would you be happy if that happened?

Tippy was just pointing out that there are many members who read the boards but never post....but they can still contact a member and point out the facts and how to get that feedback removed.

Message 19 of 47
Latest reply

Big deal I stated I won the case some people make such a big deal. How would you feel if you won and paid for an item only to have it posted to you with a hand written note telling you that you need to leave it on loud only works on that. But there is nothing in the description and the seller had time to contact you and inform you but did not bother making it that its okay still works. Would you except that I bet you wouldnt. I tried to resolve it told her to send me the post stuff so I can send it back to her, she refused and so now I asked for some advice and get a lot of **bleep** really. So go tell the seller she kept admitting to ebay and in messages that it was defective but no I am in the wrong. I hate asking for some help as I get **bleep** thrown at me. So hope you all have a good life, stress free. I am sick and tired of sellers that lie about the item admit then refuse to deal with it.

Message 20 of 47
Latest reply