what is private listing bidders protected

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: what is private listing bidders protected

What you state is right , in my case there is no automatic bid or any type of progressive bid, just a single jump to $15.05. Looks like a case for Ebay , investigators.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

If you think it was the seller, bidding, then eBay support will be able to see if the IDs are registered to the same person or IP address.

they will also be able to see all the bids, in sequence.

good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for your time and advice . Regards

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

nnl3591
Community Member
For me when see private listing bidders protected on an item , I just skip and go to bid for item where I can actually see different bidder put in their bid and also mine bid against theirs...look real. But private bid is too sus and I don't trust it real.....stay away go to bid for the next item you are looking for wher no private listing.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

As you've been registered on the boards for nine years, the time to respond was four and a half years ago, when this thread was current.

These days, nobody can see any other bidders identities except the seller.

There are also several valid reasons to have 'private listing' selected, but I'm sure you already know that, as you will have already read the responses in this thread.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I had an incident a few years ago. The items cost $?? + postage at $17.57. I put in a bid max at $83.43. To total $100. The item had been touched by only me in 21 days. I got a notification to say that I had been outbid. I went to bid again but was the only bidder. I checked and...nope just me. 10 mins later the auction was due to end. My max bid was activated. The idiot bid $82.43. Someone had bid past me. Retracted it and then had another identity bid under mine. Sadly all the accounts got suspened. They all had a compute address from the same town. Nevermind the bid being exactly $1 under mine. The seller said it was a coincedence. Ebay said it was not. Luckily fate smiled and I got a new item, cheaper and from my own country, about 3 weeks later.
I have had worse. Especially as years ago, your identity was visible. I had been harrassed by people who had lost an action and then chased me to sell the item to them. One was caught doing a back-door deal with the seller to cut me out. She agreed and sold it for 5× what I had won it for. In the meantime she was giving me the run-around with fake bank account details etc. Then filed a no pay complaint against me. Ebay investigated me, the seller and the harasser. Found what they had done and booted them both from ebay. The idiots used the internal ebay messaging system, leaving a detailed incriminating trail.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

And shill bidding years ago, if it was, is related to 'private listing bidder protected' how?

This thread is many years old. Do you consider it good form to resurrect it by posting off-topic?

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

its so the seller can bid on his own things for sale ,like all the iphone x on auction theres allways that bidder that has never purchased anything so next to his name theres a 0 ,thats usually the seller using another ebay account. 

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I doubt there were iPhone X's around SEVEN years ago, when the question was asked.

And you would certainly have to provide some evidence of shilling.

Use BIN, or buy a current phone from a real retailer.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply