who pays postage for return of an item not as described or with vital parts missing.

Just as question is.

Sellers says I have to pay return costs.

But it was not my error.

He has offered a refund but says I have to pay postage. NOT GOOD ENOUGH I had to pay to get it in the first place and then also to return an item I cannot use.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: who pays postage for return of an item not as described or with vital parts missing.

Well I am done messaging him now. Will see what happens on the dispute sit. thanks for the info.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: who pays postage for return of an item not as described or with vital parts missing.

Agree with all said above, seller pays return post for INAD.

I had a thought that it would probably be cheaper for the seller to compensate you the missing parts plus inconvenience, as those bits would be easy to pick up at Dick Smiths or whatever, but you would have to be careful that the monitor itself works as you can only open one dispute per transaction. I guess you would need to test the monitor, most use generic 3-prong 'kettle leads'.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I thought the same thing.  Pretty much a lot of fuss over nothing.

The buyer either already has a monitor in which case he already has the necessary cables, or he could go to the nearest Dick Smiths or local computer store and simply buy them, and then if all, Ok get the seller to provide a partial refund covering the cost of the cables.  Seems a far more logical outcome the sending the monitor back.

But then of courses, this may well be one those cheap models where, to keep price down, cables are not included.     

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Well I have told him I am happy for him to send me the missing parts. If he can do that and the monitor works all will be good. But I haven't heard from him in a while.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Hi if it was just the matter of a cheap cable it would not be an issue but it was all cables power adpter ect. All I got was a monitor and base.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per the ACCC

Returning the product

You are responsible for returning the product, unless the cost of doing so is significant. In this case, the business must organise and pay for the return or exchange.

Examples of goods the supplier would have to collect:

• 127 cm LCD TV
  • bed
  • swimming pool filter connected to a pool by fixed pipes
  • extension ladder stuck in the extended position.

You do not have to return products in the original packaging in order to get a refund.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I know this is an old thread, but Can you please tell me HOW do I get the seller to pay return shipping costs after the item has been shipped back to them? This has happened to me several times, for items NOT as described and I'm sick of paying 1/4 of the price in shipping fees to send it back. I've never been sent a return label. thanks  

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Best off to start a new thread of your own, as one this ancient will be locked when a mod is next online

Why are you paying up front to send the item back in the first place?

Is just just on the seller's say so

Or are you following the proper process?

You open and follow through with an item not as described dispute

If the seller wants the item back, they have to issue you with a return label, up front

Or are the sellers overseas?

And why has it happened several times?  are you checking feedback before you buy?

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply