why can't I leave feedback for all items I purchase

Some items I purchase don't allow me to leave feedback. One in particular is a bad service seller with a feedback of 99.5% but there is no link to leave them feedback on my bad experience.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: why can't I leave feedback for all items I purchase

@samesameonlydifferent wrote:

This is why they slow it down some sellers, my order took 9 weeks to arrive 

this is **bleep** performance by eBay 

I received my order badly damaged and it wasn’t cheap

Disappointing to say the least, twice now.

Stuff eBay for new car parts, there are enough euro parts online now after Covid so China sellers can go f&@k themselves 

Except ebay didn't send you anything, so how can you blame them? There's this global pandemic thing happening at the moment. I'm sure you may have heard about it. It's causing all sorts of issues with postage delays.

Probably a good move buying Euro parts. I certainly would trust a Chinese seller to sell genuine parts. 

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

@samesameonlydifferent wrote:

This is why they slow it down some sellers, my order took 9 weeks to arrive 

this is **bleep** performance by eBay 

I received my order badly damaged and it wasn’t cheap

Disappointing to say the least, twice now.

Stuff eBay for new car parts, there are enough euro parts online now after Covid so China sellers can go f&@k themselves 

-------------------------------------------

What was the expected date of arrival of the parts, compared to the actual date of arrival?

Leaving feedback is the least of your worries here as you say the parts weren't cheap.

I very much doubt the seller deliberately slowed down delivery. Some sellers string buyers along but that is usually if they have not really sent an item or replacement.

There may well be a pandemic affecting delivery times but on ebay, you have to be a little bit ruthless I am afraid.

That's not to say you have to rush into an 'item not received' claim the second the ETA passes, but you do need to keep that date in mind and open a claim within the month. Don't let any seller string you along past that.

Your other option if the items were damaged is paypal, if you paid that way. You have 180 days with them.

Euro parts are probably a better bet anyway than Chinese knock offs. You would have no idea if the latter conform to Australian standards.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

And what if the item takes more than 60 days to arrive, with current postage maxed out it can easily take 3-4 months to arrive here in Australia.. I feel 60 days for feedback is a scam in and of itself to protect nasty buyers.. You cannot warn other they are scammers, all they have to do is sent it snail post..

Another reason to not use Ebay i guess.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Much like what if it takes two years to reply to a comment to a person who has passed away?

It shows the estimated delivery date before you buy, if you don't like it don't buy

If it does not arrive by the estimated delivery date, most would be more concerned about opening a dispute to get their money back before worrying about if they can leave a coloured dot or not

Especially when people don't bother to even look at feedback before they buy

"I feel 60 days for feedback is a scam in and of itself to protect nasty buyers"

I take it you mean sellers eBay only allows buyers to get positive feedback

" with current postage maxed out it can easily take 3-4 months to arrive here in Australia."

And this is the fault of the seller how?

Are you saying you want longer than 60 days so you can leave the seller a neg for the speed of postage?

And that the postage  speed makes them scammers?

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

You must be special somehow, in all the time I've been buying on eBay I've never had an item take 3-4 months to arrive.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply