why don't sellers leave feedback until the buyer does

I will not be leaving any feedback to sellers who do not leave feedback after they take my money and i pay fast.

What gives them the right to hold you to Ransom.If they they don't trust they have sent you a product in good condition that is their fault.You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay. 

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay

How do you figure?

Maybe you should be blaming all the scammers who buy and make false claims

Or buy and then have to be reported before they will pay

These sellers who 'take your money' did you want the item for free? they are taking your money for the item you bought, not for feedback

How do you work out the seller does'nt leave feedback because 'they don't trust they sent you an item in good condition' ?

Maybe sellers are tired of dodgey buyers

And how is it holding a buyer to ransom when feedback is voluntary in the first place?

Message 2 of 59
Latest reply

As a seller, the only way I know that a buyer has received their purchase and are happy with it, is if they leave feedback.

What would happen if as the seller, I left feedback as soon as a buyer paid and (a) they don't receive their purchase because of a problem with the carrier e.g. AusPost and initiate an INR case? or (b) they receive their item and for some reason are not happy with it and open a INAD case? or (c) they ask to return their purchase (if the seller accepts returns?).

If the seller has written glowing feedback - because a buyer has paid for their item??? - there is nowhere to go if any of the above scenarios occur.

I leave feedback for my buyers after they leave it for me. Otherwise I don't leave feedback.

Feedback is voluntary anyway. And for buyers, they can never have less than 100% feedback score, so is pretty pointless for a buyer anyway.

Message 3 of 59
Latest reply

@jacobaile-6 wrote:

I will not be leaving any feedback to sellers who do not leave feedback after they take my money and i pay fast.

What gives them the right to hold you to Ransom.If they they don't trust they have sent you a product in good condition that is their fault.You as a buyer should get feedback as soon as you pay. 

What gives them the right?

eBay. 

By virtue of the fact that it's every individual's choice both if and when to leave feedback. That means no one has to leave anyone feedback, ever, let alone have some random buyer get all uppity because they don't get a little green dot calling them awesome for paying for items, walking around feeling like they have the right to dictate to someone (no, not just someone, every. other. seller.) when they "should" leave feedback.

You don't have to understand why someone else chooses to leave feedback later, or not at all.

All you have to do is respect that they have the right to make that choice. 

Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

When a seller leaves feedback the transaction disappears from all reminders on eBay.

The only way to keep a reminder within the eBay system is to not leave feedback until the seller knows the items arrived and in good order usually whan feedback is left from the buyer. Few buyers send a message advising they received the item.

If buyers did that, I would be happy to leave feedback then.

Afterall the seller's job is not done until the item arrives and the buyer is happy with the product and service.

Besides feedback is totally voluntary.

Many buyers and sellers don't use it at all.

image host
Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

@jacobaile-6 wrote:

Some sellers will leave feedback as soon as the buyer has payed. That is the kind of seller that is often in the class above some of the others.  You have a point in what you say too. I have dealt with some sellers who deliberately don't put in feedback because their grading is borderline and they hope that the buyer won't be too fussy about their off grading.

Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

Wondered how long it would take

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@jacobaile-6 wrote:

Some sellers will leave feedback as soon as the buyer has payed. That is the kind of seller that is often in the class above some of the others.  You have a point in what you say too. I have dealt with some sellers who deliberately don't put in feedback because their grading is borderline and they hope that the buyer won't be too fussy about their off grading.

Yeah, because a seller's choice is always about the buyer, and anything the buyer assumes about that choice has to be correct.

Conceited much?

Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

download.jpg

image host
Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@jacobaile-6 wrote:

The majority of sellers who leave feedback as soon as the buyer has paid are Chinese.....and we all know their reputation.

The advice on the boards when a seller need quick feedback to bolster their score is to buy cheap Chinese junk because the Chinese sellers are known to leave feedback as soon as they have the money in their hot little hands.

Message 10 of 59
Latest reply