why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do they

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

@2015dmax wrote:

I'm sick of it aswell . It's just deceptive , what do the seller's have to hide . Don't sell if you don't have confidence in what your selling. Don't use ebay if you don't know how to play the game. I can't count how many feedback points i'm missing from this exact topic. Pull their bloody heads in. If i buy and recieve what has correctly been described in an appropriate postage time , the seller will recieve positive feedback and if not i'll give minimal stars in the area i was not happy with before i'll leave negative.

I think your answer explains very well why some sellers do not leave feedback until the buyer has left it first.

What do sellers have to hide.....certainly not their feedback?

Message 51 of 77
Latest reply

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

Like I said if the item has been correctly described I'm happy because I read the description the seller writes and if it's not in the condition the item is described by the seller, well then I will pursue a refund. Postage time I'm flexible as long it follows the above statement. If a seller has nothing to hide and is confident in their product why worry. My understanding is a buyer pays in reasonable time or communicates with the seller when payment can be made , then as soon a buyer pays feedback is left by the seller and once the buyer receives the item feedback is left by the buyer. correct me if I'm wrong but I know I'm right. Christmas card list, don't believe in Christmas, Easter or any religious rubbish.

Message 52 of 77
Latest reply

Let's just agree on, it's always a minority of buyers and sellers that do the wrong thing. I've only had two problems with sellers which were resolved via the right avenues and i was refunded. Every other seller i dealt with i've been extremely happy with which reflex with the feedback i've left but it is frustrating paying for an item and waiting for feedback. Minority of sellers i've had to chase up for feedback up to 40 days + after leaving positive feedback for the transaction. Which is annoying.

Message 53 of 77
Latest reply

max, first and foremost feedback is voluntary and if a seller decides to leave feedback for you it's entirely up to them whether they give it when you pay or after you leave it for them. 

It's been said many times that feedback for a buyer is virtually meaningless anyway since they can only be left +ve feedback anyway.

It's only numbers and stars on a computer screen at the end of the day. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 54 of 77
Latest reply

True, numbers and stars it's not the end of the world. Good point.
Message 55 of 77
Latest reply

I cannot believe this thread has been going since FEBRUARY.  What has it actually achieved - WHAT WE ALL KNOW.  Feedback is voluntary.  

Buyers always get 100% positive feedback.  Sellers get whatever a buyer wants to leave them.

Must say I'm  a little tired of my email inbox continually getting more of the same.  I sincerely wish I hadn't made a comment in FEBRUARY.

Does anyone know how to NOT receive any further emails on this subject.  That would be one email I'd be pleased to receive.

Message 56 of 77
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Does anyone know how to NOT receive any further emails on this subject.  That would be one email I'd be pleased to receive.

Easy as kazam, just go to your email notification and click on the bit highlighted, that'll open a window in your browser and go from there.............

"pats head vigorously......................."

Capture.PNG

Message 57 of 77
Latest reply

Thanks Padi, much appreciated.

I think I will sit on the sidelines of both the selling and buying forums from now on. Just do a lot of reading, and keep my fingers off the keyboard.

Message 58 of 77
Latest reply

No worries kazam, glad to be able to help.

Message 59 of 77
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I cannot believe this thread has been going since FEBRUARY.  What has it actually achieved - WHAT WE ALL KNOW.  Feedback is voluntary.  

Buyers always get 100% positive feedback.  Sellers get whatever a buyer wants to leave them.

Must say I'm  a little tired of my email inbox continually getting more of the same.  I sincerely wish I hadn't made a comment in FEBRUARY.

Here's another way:

Click on the "The eBay Community" link up above where your ID appears on this page

01 community.JPG

When the page loads you scroll down to see which topics you have subscribed to

02 subscriptions.JPG

just after the last topic on the list, over on the right, is the "view all" link.  Click this

03 view all.JPG

When the page loads you will be able to select those topics you wish to delete from your list

04 select topic.JPG

When you have ticked the box next to this topic on your list you click on "Email subscription options"

This will produce a drop-down menu where you can delete the topics selected

05 delete subscription.JPG

It is now done, no more emails.

Message 60 of 77
Latest reply