why use click and collect if still have to pay postage

I thought click and collect was free from postage costs, that's why a seller would use it.  I've just tried to buy an item using click and collect because I thought I would save on postage, but it has come up with the same price as the postage cost.  Why use it if I'm paying postage cost, may as well be sent to my home.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Bringing up an old thread-on an item i am looking to buy it does say "Free Click & Collect", and then adds the postage charge, which seems misleading

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

@ultimatepowder wrote:

Bringing up an old thread-on an item i am looking to buy it does say "Free Click & Collect", and then adds the postage charge, which seems misleading

If you had taken the time to read the whole thread, your question would have been answered........................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ultimatepowder wrote:

If you had taken the time to read the whole thread, your question would have been answered........................... 

They didn't  ask a question, they made a statement.

If you'd taken the time to read the whole sentence, the lack of question mark at the end would have made that clear.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

@ultimatepowder wrote:

I agree - it's a stupid and misleading name for the service, firstly because they use the word "free" when it isn't, and secondly because "Click & Collect" already has an established meaning in retail - as others have suggested it would be more useful to rename this something else.

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

its never been free...... it’s still posted!  Why would anyone think this service is free? 

😎😎😎

Perhaps because it has "free" in the stupid name?

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Gee, thanks for that.

I gave an informative reply.

How informative was your reply?

We'll never know - the key word has been censored.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

When ebay first introduced the service they only allowed selected sellers to offer it.

Sellers could not just offer it unless/until ebay invited them to do so.    One of ebay's criteria was that the sellers had to have Free Postage as their postal service.

So when it was first offered it was Free Click and Collect and only available to a very limited number of sellers.

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Gee, thanks for that.

I gave an informative reply.

How informative was your reply?

We'll never know - the key word has been censored.

I_Can_Typing.gif

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

Self edited

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Self edited

Now I'll never know.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply