whydoes it say. the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from me

when I try to purchase, from this seller that I have used, many times, a message comes up saying : the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.

I am not trying to give a best offer, but purchasing at the asked price, also I have a 100% feedback and no previous issues with this seller, what is the issue?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

One *possible* reason could be that seller has a limit on how many items one buyer can buy from them within a certain time frame

OR

For this item, they may only be willing to send it to certain areas in Australia

OR

it could be an ebay glitch

Are you able to message the seller and ask them? there may be some other issue they are not even aware of that is blocking you from buying from them again. Many random things are happening with eBay lately 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Have you bought from other sellers and not paid? If you have unpaid strikes from other sellers this may affect your ability to buy from this seller if they've set things to block people with more than 2 unpaid strikes in the last year.

It could also be a glitch. I've had people show as being blocked for being in a country I don't post to, yet they were in Australia. When this happens it's possible to exempt a blocked buyer so they can buy.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

the same problem with every seller, i cannot buy anything from anyone. it is not a problem with the sellers.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I have a perfect record. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Phone ebay and ask them.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

The message you are seeing is the message buyers see when they are blocked by sellers either through generic blocks that ebay provide for sellers to use such as two or more unpaid item strikes, or if the seller deliberatly places a buyer on their blocked buyer list ( BBL ) .

If you have a perfect record as you say, and it is happening with all sellers, it would appear to be a glitch or perhaps an external problem where a credit card linked to your paypal account has been cancelled for some reason ( credit card stolen or lost ? )

Contact ebay and find out the reason the message keeps appearing.

PS Nice shed ........ I,m jelous

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Solar, you haven't changed your profile to private by any chance? Many sellers block such buyers since they think that they have something to hide!
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@samoaman wrote:
Solar, you haven't changed your profile to private by any chance? Many sellers block such buyers since they think that they have something to hide!

One mouse click would have given you the answer to that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@samoaman wrote:

I buy quite a few things with this id which is private and never had a problem. I dont think there is a block in settings to prevent buyers with private feedback buying anything and as you cant see buyers feedback until after they actually purchase with BINS how would you stop them ?

More importantly, private feedback ID's can not be used to sell on ebay, only buy stuff. Ebay only allow positive feedback with positive comments to be left for buyers, so every single private ID will only ever have 100% positive feedback with positive comments. ( ebays rules !!! )  So what is there to hide and how is it a problem ???

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply