Excluded categories COINS. Always coins are never apart of eBay sales. 1 reason is greed by E bay?

Coins are always excluded from discount sales by ebay i beleive greed comes into it. If not what else coud it be?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can anyone provide me a reason why coins are excluded from discounted sales please?

Duplicate thread.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Can anyone provide me a reason why coins are excluded from discounted sales please?

Can anyone provide me a reson why coins are excluded from discounted sales please?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Gees,  How many threads do you need,  Why do you need a reason,  How about because ebay says so.

Why do they have different fee schedules for vaious categories,  How come store accounts get discounted fees,  How come store accounts dont get the weekend promos.  How come supermarkets dont discount the things I want,  How come the butcher only offers discounts if youy buy half a horse, or the use by date is nigh.  how come the car yard only offers discounts  on slow moving stock  etc etc  etc...

By the way, you can discount your coins any time you like, so maybe your question should be, Why don't ebay subsidize my buyers.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Quadruplicate, is that a record?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry mate. First time I've tried the E bay community. I see here there are no answers.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The volunteer members on here given many thousands of answers over the years, and given advice and support after all eBay staff had done was to misinform them or hang up on them because the question was too hard

You were given a possible reason yesterday but immediately poo poo-ed it as being wrong, and it was suggested there might be a member on in the coming days who does know the correct answer but that was not good enough either

I am curious , since we here have no answers, what ebayโ€™s answer was?

Could it be because the eBay system/bots are not able to pick up if coins/notes are still legal tender (regardless of what category or condition they are listed as) and that is why they are not eligible for discounts

Guess not but that is my two cents (no discounts apply)

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@aussie-sams-coins wrote:
Sorry mate. First time I've tried the E bay community. I see here there are no answers.

Well at least the number of threads has reduced.  Thanks  Mods.

This may be applicable.

% off represents discount off  RRP, a previous sale price or the sellers usual list price

You have a 1973  10c piece listed for  $14.50   should ebay apply a discount to the RRP (Face Value)  10c.  Or should it apply to your list price.   Or should it apply to some other sale price.  As the grading of coins, especially circulated coins is highly variable then I would assume the  RRP would have to apply.

In one of your threads, you questioned how discount vouchers can be mis-used,  I won't detail here, but suffice to say it is extremely easy and can be extremely profitable.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply