Reporting fake 1930 penny's works

Previously fake 1930 penny's being auctioned have been sold to unsuspecting buyers, proven through feedback posted on these items. I have personally reported these items as have others to see them sold anyway. I am absolutely stoked tonight that 2 particular fake 1930 penny's were removed by ebay after only 15 minutes of me reporting them. This is an excellent step forward ebay and makes me more confident in purchasing items from this site. Ebayer users, this should reinstall faith in ebay once more that reporting fraudulent or fake items does work and they do get noticed quickly. Keep reporting these items ppl 🙂
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

You WILL get your money back unless the seller can provide documentation that the item you have is genuine.

And that we know can't happen.

9 times out of 10 eBay side with the buyer.

image host
Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

How did it go,did you get your money back?

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

Old thread, but still very relevant for people thinking about buying 1930 pennies on eBay.

What kind of a person pays $510 for a 1930 penny with the expectation they are going to get something real?

This is a $15k to 20K MINIMUM coin if genuine.

Talk about the greedy leading the stupid.

ONLY buy this coin from long term dealers or recognized large coin auction houses.

Be prepared to pay a REALISTIC price and $510 ain't it.

No-ONE who thinks they have a genuine 1930 penny is going to let it go for a price like this.

Sheesh, ever heard of due dilligence, talk about fools and their money being easily parted..

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

What kind of a person pays $510 for a 1930 penny with the expectation they are going to get something real?

The same kind of people who buy a 3ct "natural gemstone" from China  for $5 free postage and are somehow amazed to find it is glass. Despite an overwhelming number of Feedback telling them precisely that very thing. My hairdresser told me proudly that she had bought a gold and tanzanite ring from China for $7; the next week she told me sadly that she must be allergic to certain kinds of gold because after wearing it for a while, it gave her finger a rash, and the gold was starting to flake off. And no this is not a teenager, a mature woman. I managed to convince her to throw away her $7 ring and go to a reputable city jeweller if she wanted to make a sizeable investment in a quality ring. She did that, and is happy with it, but secretly I am sure she thinks it cost her far too much. After all, look what you can but on eBay. (I did show her what quality second hand rings could be bought for at reputable real life auction houses, but that was far too hard (sadly).)

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

There is a seller on eBay auctioning fake rare date florins the likes of which I have not seen before. They are quite accurate fakes until you look very closely at the emu feathers. The details here are not quite right. Poor buggers are paying hundreds for them.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Wow I had forgotten about this eBay community since first writing this thread many years ago. Fast forward 10 years or so years and they are still a problem but no doubt collectors are much wiser to the issue. It’s surprising the people who have commented on this thread that I know personally through collecting and numismatics however I probably didn’t know when I first wrote this thread 🙂

cheers, Alex B

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply