Royal Winton

I have this royal Winton Marguerite breakfast set in good condition.

However it has a water jug instead of a toast holder but the place (hole) for the jug is't big enough.

The place is round and not square, if it's not for the jug what's it for.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Royal Winton

Hmm a bit of a poser. Could we see a pic of the front of the tray without the items? I would agree that the hot water jug is a ring-in - but then your creamer and sugar looks more the tea set shape than the breakfast set shape. They don't seem to match the tea cup - it has an inside gold rim trim, they don't.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

winton tray.jpeg

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

*edited

Replacement parts are costly.

I'll leave you with this link

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for that pic. I am not an expert on RW breakfast sets, so hopefully someone else can contribute. It does look to me as though you have a mix of breakfast set gold trim and tea set without gold trim -  though the sugar and creamers are different shapes, probably the foot rims are the same size, which means they would fit on the tray OK. If you are looking to keep it and fill the missing hole, I would be guessing an egg cup - but that's just a guess. If you are looking at selling, I would sell the hot water jug separately, and just sell the other as is, with the egg cup? "missing". People do it all the time, because as noted, bits do get broken, and replacements are needed. I would not be too bothered about pointing out the differences in the gold rim trim and shapes - it would obviously still display well, which is what people want. If condition is good, it should sell. Though these chintz items are not reaching the lofty heights of 10-15 years ago. And Marguerite is not generally one of the most popular patterns, in my experience. 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for that and it does display well.

I have a lot of treasure/antique shops where I live and I picked It up there for not very much.

Your right about the lofty heights but some sellers are still trying lol.....

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@addsomevintagewrote:

I have a lot of treasure/antique shops where I live and I picked It up there for not very much.

Gosh don't tell us where you live - there may be a rush! Here in my city there are VERY few antique shops left (were there ever any TREASURE shops? - I can vaguely remember a few from my distant youth); and another big centre has closed down recently. In the outer suburbs you can find the usual Thrift / Charity shops, but their prices are often nearly as high as those in antique shops (and their goods usually substantially worse). At least in the city we have a plethora of auction houses with regular sales (some would say too many auction houses). So we go along most weekends in hope. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I have no experience on these but make the following suggestion.

After looking over the net, the sugar and creamer always appear together.

I have also seen some vases for a single flower in same patterns.

I suggest the sugar n creamer need to be on the same side with cup n pot opposing centre.

Then you are left with possibly a round space for a flower vase rather than the extra jug.

image host
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

"yes" I think you're right.

its a vase because its a one person tea set and the cup has been replaced at some stage

and the jug has just been added. thanks Cat Very Happy

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply