Buyer feedback

Who was the genius that decided to eliminate buyer feedback? If buyer feedback was optional then why did most sellers leave me feedback that showed me as a good buyer and prompt payer!

If seller feedback is optional then I see a need to reciprocate a purchase with no feedback for the seller!

What's good for the geese  is good for the gander!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Buyer feedback

Has there been a change,  FB is optional for buyers and sellers.  Personally still receiving FB as a seller and leaving FB for buyers.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

I'm glad you could make sense of that diatribe GP...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

@padi*0409 wrote:

I'm glad you could make sense of that diatribe GP...............

Hi Padi,  Not all that sure that I did.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

Feedback IS optional

And buyer feedback is utterly meaningless since buyers can only be given positive feedback

It does mean something to sellers though

Sorry a seller hurt your feelings by not adding a number to your tally

But on you for being grown up about it by throwing a tantrum

You have made yourself sound light a real delight to deal with and no doubt will be added to party lists of those who donโ€™t have time for self entitled customers 

Let alone those who complain about something that has always been the case

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

Please explain

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

Just received and left FB,  no change detected.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

You received 4 ratings as a buyer during the past month, but only left 3 for sellers. Maybe you haven't received an item yet, but still... I don't see a problem?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

@tomcinoz wrote:

Who was the genius that decided to eliminate buyer feedback? If buyer feedback was optional then why did most sellers leave me feedback that showed me as a good buyer and prompt payer!

If seller feedback is optional then I see a need to reciprocate a purchase with no feedback for the seller!

What's good for the geese  is good for the gander!

If you were under the impression that feedback from a seller is mandatory, I am honestly surprised.

I wonโ€™t say any more than that on that aspect of it.

If you were of the view that your feedback is what enables you to buy on eBay, my surprise increases. (No feedback at all might possibly see you eyed askance by some sellersโ€ฆ but even if your feedback score doesnโ€™t move now, you wonโ€™t find yourself blocked on that basis.)

Given the above, more feedback is not really likely to do anything for youโ€ฆ except to give you a visceral thrill as the number climbs. That is entirely possible. People do collect the oddest thingsโ€ฆ and why should you not collect eBay feedback for your own satisfaction?

I collect Georgian period silverware and writing boxes myself.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Buyer feedback

I, purportedly have 14,303 f/b ......but...wait...my score is 8720...what the???

Nothing is as it seems.....

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply