Buyer feedback

Who was the genius that decided to eliminate buyer feedback? If buyer feedback was optional then why did most sellers leave me feedback that showed me as a good buyer and prompt payer!

If seller feedback is optional then I see a need to reciprocate a purchase with no feedback for the seller!

What's good for the geese  is good for the gander!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer feedback

I hate that aspect Twynnie.

They can buy 10 things, but if they give fb for all 10 in the one week, you only get a score of 1  

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

my point is that they're showing 14,303 on some pages and the actual of 8720 on others.....their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing....so over it!

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@tomcinoz wrote:

Who was the genius that decided to eliminate buyer feedback? If buyer feedback was optional then why did most sellers leave me feedback that showed me as a good buyer and prompt payer!

If seller feedback is optional then I see a need to reciprocate a purchase with no feedback for the seller!

If you were under the impression that feedback from a seller is mandatory, I am honestly surprised.

I won’t say any more than that on that aspect of it.

If you were of the view that your feedback is what enables you to buy on eBay, my surprise increases. (No feedback at all might possibly see you eyed askance by some sellers… but even if your feedback score doesn’t move now, you won’t find yourself blocked on that basis.)

Given the above, more feedback is not really likely to do anything for you… except to give you a visceral thrill as the number climbs. That is entirely possible. People do collect the oddest things… and why should you not collect eBay feedback for your own satisfaction?

I collect Georgian period silverware and writing boxes myself.

I still wonder what buyers think they're going to do with their feedback that tells them that they paid quickly and they are a valued customer. It's not like you can take those green dots out on a date or anything.

They could be the buyer from hell and they'll still be able to buy, so buyer feedback is absolutely pointless.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I

They could be the buyer from hell and they'll still be able to buy, so buyer feedback is absolutely pointless.

I agree.  But I must admit if a potential buyer sends me an offer, or asks a question about one of my items, I don't look at their buyer feedback,  but I do take a look at the feedback they have left for others.

The number of times I have declined an offer because of what they have left for others, and I know they will turn into a buyer from hell is beneficial.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@tomcinoz wrote:

What is causing you to say that buyer feedback has been eliminated? It isn't true.

Were you told this by anyone? Or is it something you have just assumed because you perhaps have not been given buyer feedback lately?

Or did you try to give feedback to a seller and found you couldn't? I think with some of the big power sellers, you can't leave a negative comment within a week. They give you a cooling off period but after that you can leave your feedback as a buyer.

The fact is, you can still give and receive feedback, whether you are a buyer or seller.

A buyer can give whatever level of feedback they think is appropriate.

A seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer and for that reason, some of them will not leave any feedback at all if a transaction went badly. Other sellers are wary and wait till a buyer gives positive feedback first, then they will reciprocate.

All feedback is voluntary. As far as I am aware, it always has been.

In my opinion, feedback can be valuable, even for a buyer. It helps build up a history. Not that most sellers will see it before you buy, but if you do eg 'make an offer', it is possible they may check out that you have a steady looking history and what sort of feedback you give other sellers before they decide to accept or decline.

But it's not the be all and end all. If some seller doesn't give any, don't fret, just move on.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply