Draconian Feedback Formula

So I discovered eBay penalises a seller for 12 months - In my case I had a 100% rating for years - If a buyer gives negative feedback the seller goes down 0.05% to 99.5%

Based on eBay's totally unfair policy,  It takes the seller 12 months to get back to 100% even if they have numerous positive feedback's and not even one negatives whatsoever during that 12 month penalty period.

There is NO incentive or fairness whatsoever to enable a seller to be able to slowly creep back up to a 100%  before the anniversary date of the negative feedback received 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Draconian Feedback Formula

Been that way for many many many many years

Just as buyers cannot be given anything other than positive feedback or no feedback

I am not sure what your question is for other members? other than telling us what we already are well aware of?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How much the positive feedback goes down depends on how many positive ratings a seller has. 

Screenshot 2024-04-24 050412.png

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It takes 12 months for the -FB to become irrelevant, as FB is calculated on a running 12 month period.

An increased  number of +FB  during the 12 months increases your FB%.

The FB% score does not remain at 99.5% and will vary +/-, depending on future FB received.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

For a small or mid size seller it will take over 200+ positives to move a lousy 0.01 % to 99.6% 

Do you think that is a fair calculation policy !!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

An extra 200 +FB  would increase your total FB score  to  99.75%, so an increase of .25%  not   0.01%

Frankly, I do not think the FB score should auto reset to 100% after 12 months

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply