Feedback - How do you give eBAY feedback? I have an idea to improve something...

Hi Everytime I want to give feedback to ebay I cannot. There should be "feedback or idea" in the help section.

Why is the 'ebay staff board' on this community  only open every now and again, I have an idea today...2 weeks I might have forgotten it.

My idea for this week - I just sold something that is only pick up.

Ebay tells me item is paid for "Send it now" - durrr

Surely if that is the scenario and only that scenerio it could say "Item sold - contact seller about collection"

Thanks

Russell

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback - How do you give eBAY feedback? I have an idea to improve something...

Hi Everytime I want to give feedback to ebay I cannot. There should be "feedback or idea" in the help section.

There is, it's called suggestions - https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/suggestions.html

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Once it is picked up mark as posted and all is fixed.

But for pick up items you should only accept the cash once they inspected it and are happy.

If they paid with paypal you run the risk of not as described or non receipt as you can not prove shipping.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

There is, it's called suggestions - https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/suggestions.html

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

links don't work to ^^^^^....but that could be because it's Friday
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Link does actually say

At eBay, we appreciate comments from our members on our products and services. But we have a long-standing policy of not accepting unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or proposals.

We have this policy to avoid misunderstandings because new products, services, and features developed internally by eBay employees might be similar or even identical to a member's idea.

but you can go further..... and but I say $$%^^^ it.... work it out yourselves and dont ask me for a solicited question, because it is all or nothing.. thanks

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

9647ian
Community Member

In the real world, this is how feedback works. Ebay throws us a few crumbs relating to "feedback" and "complaints" under the guise of "Community Forums". This is a place that eBay does not actually monitor or read. Instead they allow it to be ruled largely by the concept of "Sellers Vs Buyers" with a survival of the fittest mentality . It is a place halfway between hell and a very hard place where fundamentalist sellers and buyers regularly patrol for new messages. If anyone is stupid enough to post a complaint about a seller they can expect to be patronized and berated by fundamentalist sellers and have their comments cherry picked and nit-picked and taken out of context in order to intimidate them and destroy their reputation. Likewise if anyone is stupid enough to complain about a buyer they can expect the same bad treatment from other buyers. Intimidation, trolling and bullying is apparently ebay's attitude towards community feedback and sugestions. As for actual feedback, Ebay do not want to know, nor do they really care what we humble peasants think. Let the kudos roll in! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I think Ebay read the forums (or the bosses, upper management) - take the best idea we suggest - then implements them - taking credit for the ideas and gets  a bonus for increases in sales and customer satisfaction ... ... like that never happened before 😉

That is why they say some ideas / suggestion maybe similar or even the same

and if you read further on that page they say you will not get paid for an idea if used... that's cause the management got an increase on our ideas LOL

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Sad but most likely true. These forums must serve some purpose surely, and that is probably it.

It  is sad for instance that every time somebody posts up a complaint on these forums there always seems to be some "troll" comes along immediately after to remind the poster that nobody from ebay actually reads these forums. In other words, you are alone and left to the devices of other ebay members who can either sympathize with you or berate you, depending on their particular camp. We always see the standard reply after new complaints and siggestions: "You should realize that nobody from ebay actually monitors or reads these forums". The whole thing is a joke, designed to frustrate anybody who dares to complain or make a suggestion. But we can only hope that occasionally someone from ebay may be seeking a promotion and look in on our discussions of plight. lol!

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Your problem was that you chose to buy an item by using bank deposit, thus negating eBay's protection for buyers.

That was your decision, you can't blame eBay for not being able to give you protection for an unsafe payment method.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Car-radio/m-p/2158686#M90152

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@9647ian wrote:

Sad but most likely true. These forums must serve some purpose surely, and that is probably it.

It  is sad for instance that every time somebody posts up a complaint on these forums there always seems to be some "troll" comes along immediately after to remind the poster that nobody from ebay actually reads these forums. In other words, you are alone and left to the devices of other ebay members who can either sympathize with you or berate you, depending on their particular camp. We always see the standard reply after new complaints and siggestions: "You should realize that nobody from ebay actually monitors or reads these forums". The whole thing is a joke, designed to frustrate anybody who dares to complain or make a suggestion. But we can only hope that occasionally someone from ebay may be seeking a promotion and look in on our discussions of plight. lol!

First of all, you say "these forums must serve some purpose". eBay haven't divulged that purpose, but it could indeed be a place where eBay can at least to some extent control unhappy buyers or sellers and provide a place to vent. Also, it's possible that eBay.com.au place a certain value upon the community help provided by experienced eBay users in lieu of providing actual and genuine customer service help for each problem that arises.

Secondly you say that it's sad that there - in your words - 'seems to be some "troll" [who] comes along immediately after to remind the poster that nobody from ebay actually reads these forums'. That is actually helpful information, because there are quite a few people who post  here clearly thinking that they're speaking to eBay, and who would otherwise await eBay's response or help. It is useful to know that no, that's not the case; it clears the decks, so to speak, to seeing what sort of help can actually be given. You call people posting that "trolls"; but unwelcome enlightenment about eBay isn't the sort of thing trolls post.

Spoiler
According to Wikipedia, a troll is "a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community [...] with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement." You would have to acknowledge that informing new posters that unfortunately they're not talking to eBay here, and that eBay itself doesn't read the forums (although it's always possible that individual eBay employees may look over the forums once in a while), is not extraneous, off-topic, or disruptive, nor is it inflammatory in and of itself.

Posters may indeed sympathise or berate. They'll also often post helpful links and offer advice about what to do when the poster is looking for an answer or a way to solve a problem. Sometimes the information is given bluntly, sometimes it's given with the delicacy of fairy floss. Different posters have different styles... I must admit I would rather have someone roughly shove a rope into my hands when I'm teetering on the edge of a cliff, than have sweetly toned agreement with my position crooned from an onlooker.

You say "The whole thing is a joke, designed to frustrate anybody who dares to complain or make a suggestion". If you're thinking in terms of these boards as a way to get your feedback across to eBay, you're right. It is a joke. eBay are - let me bold this, actually - eBay are not interested in customer suggestions. They're not. And an eBay employee trying for promotion is more likely to look for ways to rip off extract more money from eBay sellers than to reassure eBay members complaining on the boards - because eBay member reassurance and satisfaction is not eBay's goal. The people making decisions about eBay are those who are paid most in the corporation. Shareholders have some control through voting in AGMs and expressing confidence in the board, but eBay members? No. Unless all eBay members or a significant number of eBay members were to walk away from eBay, thus affecting eBay's bottom line, eBay members will continue to remain unimportant in the corporate scheme of things. Most eBay members continue to use eBay, for various reasons. Those who are unhappy and vow to storm off, never to use eBay again, are in the vast minority - a mosquito on the wall of a soccer stadium.

Spoiler
eBay say "At eBay, we appreciate comments from our members on our products and services.". This is standard corporate-speak for "We don't care what you say." eBay say, "What happens if I send a suggestion to eBay?   We appreciate your input..." This is standard corp-speak for "La la la". lalala.gif

That's why help here is geared towards finding ways to seek a satisfactory result within the current policies of eBay, or utilise tools outside eBay such as lodging a claim with the FOS, opening a case with ACORN, talking to your bank, etc.

Bottom line: don't expect eBay to be interested in any suggestion or comment made by eBay members. Saying so is not a troll-like inflammatory comment; it's the unfortunate reality. There are ways of dealing within the current parameters, but spitting the dummy in frustration and rage is not one of them.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply