postage funds on hold.

Is the payments on the hold thing just a one-off as I hadn't sold for a while? I previously only used PayPal, are we not able to anymore?

The holds are making things financially hard as they also hold the postage funds and I have only just reset up selling things are going well and walking out the door but I had no float to cover postage and was taken completely by surprise with the whole frozen funds..
I'm out of pocket $160 in postage this week alone and have not seen a cent yet from eBay yet.  
I think it's a very poor form on eBay's behalf as it' affects how fast we can post out and possibly feedback to come.
  In my opinion, they shouldn't be holding postage monies. one thing is to hold the item funds but not postage also. They also shouldn't be taken 12.% off postage when we use the online calculator.

Im hoping this rubbish stops as soon as the first international parcel is delivered but I have a feeling it's going to be ongoing. any Thoughts?

x paula

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

postage funds on hold.

@specialize_me, you really must read up on the changes.

Selling on eBay now is very different to how it was five years ago.

Yea, there is no more PayPal for sellers. Buyers can still use PayPal on eBay but who knows how long that will continue? For sellers… no.

All sellers will be paid through Managed Payments. eBay are using Adyen as their internal payment system, and when they disburse funds to sellers, it’s with the eBay fees already subtracted.

You must go through two verifications - your bank account and your photo ID.

You’ll also have your funds on hold until eBay is satisfied that you are not a risk as a seller. 21 days is mentioned in eBay’s help pages but anecdotally it may be 30 days - or even more. Certainly, until you’ve gone through both verification processes, the funds will not be released.

See this reply in a different thread for more details. https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Payments/m-p/2514062#M225831

I strongly urge you to read the relevant Help pages, and updated advice in the Seller Hub.

eBay warned sellers that Managed Payments was coming - 2 years before it was implemented. Many emails were sent. So this situation didn’t come out of the blue… but I realize a lot of eBayers, especially only occasional sellers and those who are by and large buyers, just don’t read or take in the emails and notifications sent by eBay… You really will have to take note because the changes are major.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

postage funds on hold.

Thank you for your reply.  I have no defense for not reading the fine print better. I previously sold a LOT of antique toys with/ for my then-partner and our "combined" user Id. about 10 years ago Then set up my own account with quite often years in between selling. . so I just ignorantly thought I knew the go.  This time I did do the two-step verification almost a fortnight ago now after my first sale.  Also confirmed the microdeposits and driver's license. Unfortunately, that first parcel has gone to Canada. shame it wasn't a local one. I can see tracking it's nearly there. once things get rolling I'm sure won't be so frustrating. but really does make it difficult to get the ball rolling. surely they can program the system to release postage. My items are in a niche market so eBay is the best platform so I'm stuck with the system as it is.  good that they make buyers secure in their purchases. I do however consider Ebay pretty greedy with their fees though and once the stocks are gone there is no more. Maybe they should be inserting their own disclosure into listings were sellers are subject to holds so the buyer is aware when leaving feedback that the parcel may have been delayed due to the holding of funds. just a thought. Just venting really have a nice night xx

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

postage funds on hold.

Just a couple of things,  Your funds will continue to be held for all sales, until ebay are satisfied you do not pose a risk, this will  depend on your sales metrics.

You do not get to delay shipping items until your funds are released, you are required to meet your handling time once advised the item has been paid for.

Failing to meet your handling time, results in defects being applied to your sales metrics, which will lead to an increased time in meeting ebays standards and can also lead to higher sales fees and additional penalties.

Also  in addition to holds, ebay has recently introduced payment reserves, whereby sellers may be required to have either a set amount or set percentage held in reserve for 60 days

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply