60 minutes wet markets story

Don't ever watch TV but was at a friends house and saw the 60 minutes story from the wet markets in Thailand.

Imagine how much worse they are in China- so many rare endangered animals.

Nature has rebelled-it's because of the sick eating and wet market habits of the Chinese that the world is now suffering, not to mention xi lying to his own people - china needs a rebellion because the sick communist system has failed and is failing the rest of the world.

And yet stupid people in other countries keep up these sick habits with all that's going on (ie thailand).

I wanna punch scum like dastyari in the mouth.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: 60 minutes wet markets story

@chameleon54 wrote:

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
Trump has been lying to his own people too, at one stage calling covid-19 a 'hoax'. Latest figures put the number infected in the U.S at over 600 with 23 deaths. That's about 150 new cases since Sunday.

I think if you convert Trump speak to " normal " English, his claim has some merit. 23 deaths from a population of 331,002, 651 people is so statistically minuscule that it is not even worth doing the math. In any given year the U.S. expects to have 12,000 people die from regular flu, so the current deaths from Coronavirus in the U.S are even nothing more than a statistical blip in " normal " flu statistics. 

If you extrapolate the damage that is being caused to global economies ( and think of the U.S. in this example ) it is completely disproportionate to the existing problem. We have seen this in Australia with the mass toilet paper hysteria. A completely irrational , crazy reaction to the disease.

In the past, media sources recognised they had a responsibility to provide factual, accurate information without the hype. Now social media and trashy, hyped up traditional media sources such the morning shows, " the Project " and even the ABC are contributing to mass panic. 

Everything has to be sensationalised.  You see a headline and when you read the article it's nothing like what the headline indicated it might be.  The ABC is just as bad as everyone else.  Well, hopefully not as bad as 60 Minutes.  I wouldn't EVER believe anything that mob says!  I was looking through some ABC news articles before and a lot of it was just hype - the sort that causes panic.

I have a friend who says you can't even trust the New York Times any more, or other similar newspapers.  I think a lot of the newspaper owners are too involved in politics and only want to print what suits their own cause, or the publicly owned news services like the ABC seem to just want to keep up with the others with their sensationalism.  What they don't realise is that the more serious people who once listened to them are turned off by the hype and they lose more of their audience than the ones they gain. 

There are a few news sites that are more accurate but they're few and far between, and a lot of what they report gets suppressed (or nobody wants to believe it so it's just not reported).  My friend tells me a few things he reads but I don't have the time to keep up with what he reads.  He was accused of being a conspiracy nut when he told a lot of people what was going on in Guantanamo Bay several years before it became public.  Even when it all became more widely known, people still ridiculed him.  They just don't want to know.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

kazumi wrote: I have been wondering why it was NONE of the workers at the market to be infected.

Just a guess - but maybe for the same reason that most dairymaids didn't get smallpox. (Jenner noticed that milkmaids who had contracted a disease called cowpox, which caused blistering on cowโ€™s udders, did not catch smallpox.)

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jenner-tests-smallpox-vaccine

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

kazumi wrote: I have been wondering why it was NONE of the workers at the market to be infected.

Just a guess - but maybe for the same reason that most dairymaids didn't get smallpox. (Jenner noticed that milkmaids who had contracted a disease called cowpox, which caused blistering on cowโ€™s udders, did not catch smallpox.)

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jenner-tests-smallpox-vaccine

You know, my first thought was "come into this century, She-el"

But my second thought was, ok, is this history repeating itself, time and time again?

My third thought was, how does this happen every generation or so, along with wars and depressions, plague and potato crop failures.?

My fourth thought was, is this a natural cycle humans must go through, or is it orchestrated by certain groups?

My next  thought was, I think it might be. Orchestrated by certain groups.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Come on do you think that some of these countries woud even tell you

Do you believe any thing that comes out of China ???

Some people in different countries like to save face and you will never know the true story

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Come on do you think that some of these countries woud even tell you

Do you believe any thing that comes out of China ???

Some people in different countries like to save face and you will never know the true story

no, no and yes.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

In a way I guess it is history repeating itself. Viruses evolve - who knows what this one originally  came from - and while we can stay ahead of them with vaccines we can  never really eradicate them. Look what happens when the vaccination rate for preventable childhood diseases falls below the 'herd immunity' level.

The point I was making to Kazumi was that it is possible the market workers (if that is indeed where it started) may already have been unknowingly infected with a very mild variation of the virus which rendered them immune to the full blown one.  

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

In a way I guess it is history repeating itself. Viruses evolve - who knows what this one originally  came from - and while we can stay ahead of them with vaccines we can  never really eradicate them. Look what happens when the vaccination rate for preventable childhood diseases falls below the 'herd immunity' level.

The point I was making to Kazumi was that it is possible the market workers (if that is indeed where it started) may already have been unknowingly infected with a very mild variation of the virus which rendered them immune to the full blown one.  

Fair enough.

The point I was making is:

History tends to repeat itself. Is it a natural progression or:

Is there an interest by certain groups to keep humanity in check by creating division, or movement by way of introducing disease, pursuing warfare, economic hardship, and influencing world markets? Creating profits from natural catastrophes?

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I don't believe so.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Having said that, there have cerainly been cases when knowedge of potential dangers has been concealed for comercial reasons e.g. cigarettes and asbestos - but that's not qite the same thing as deliberately creating diseases.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

*puts up a listing for tinfoil on eBay*

*cheeky grin*
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply