Another day, another woman dies in a domestic murder

What's that? 18? 19 this year alone?

I can't fathom why the government (and society) isn't attacking this situation head on? Is it because these are women?

This one didn't even make front page news. The cricket win did.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/woman-stabbed-to-death-daughter-injured-during-domestic-dispute-20150330-1...

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

I can't fathom why the government (and society) isn't attacking this situation head on? Is it because these are women?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/woman-stabbed-to-death-daughter-injured-during-domestic-dispute-20150330-1...

Our own home-home grown violent people are bad enough but why do we import them? There is a certain culture and religion that is overtly priapic and females are of little value.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

gleee58
Community Member

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

26 so far this year

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Seriously? The numbers are staggering.

Collectively this would amount to one of this countries most tragic events outside of natural disasters.

The silence is heartbreaking.
Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

February 9, 2015

Adelle Collins was found dead in her home at Ningi, near the southern end of Bribie Island on Saturday afternoon, reportedly by her father.

It is believed she was stabbed to death.

Her estranged partner, Steven Storie, 45, from the neighbouring suburb of Bongaree, was charged with her murder on Sunday.

23 Mar 2015,

A man has been charged with the murder of a 32-year-old woman at Pacific Haven on Queensland's Fraser Coast on Sunday.

February 03, 2015

A MAN charged with the brutal murder of his pregnant partner could also be charged with the killing of an unborn child in the days to come.

Surfers Paradise man Brock Wall, 34, is charged with the murder of 35-year-old Fabiana Palhares following a domestic incident that allegedly involved a tomahawk at Varsity Lakes yesterday.

Brock Wall   ---  doesn't sound like an imported person to me.

Steven Storie  ------doesn't sound like an imported person to me.

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

That is just awful, especially more so, when there are children/young adults in the home at the time of the murders.

At least the Govt backed down (March 27) and reversed the sweeping cuts they planned to domestic violence (and Indigenous) legal services ($25.5m over 2 years). Stupid of them to plan doing that in the first place.

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:
Seriously? The numbers are staggering.

Collectively this would amount to one of this countries most tragic events outside of natural disasters.

The silence is heartbreaking.

Yes, to think that 2 young male deaths was all it took for immediate action in a campaign to stop the deadly punch.

All these dead women and they devise a stay at home program and cut DV support funding.

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

It beggars belief that anyone would respond to a post about women being murdered with such one eyed pettiness.

Women are being murdered at a rate of one per week and all s/he can manage to consider is their own agenda.

Unbelievable.
Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
That is just awful, especially more so, when there are children/young adults in the home at the time of the murders.

At least the Govt backed down (March 27) and reversed the sweeping cuts they planned to domestic violence (and Indigenous) legal services ($25.5m over 2 years). Stupid of them to plan doing that in the first place.

They did more than plan.  Some funding has already been removed. Not as much as expected but a few million was taken, according to the senate estimates hearing last week.

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

But am the cuts are still there for what is perhaps the most impotent groups -advocacy and education bodies.

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply