BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,225
Latest reply
98,224 REPLIES 98,224

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Richo gee he was a friendly fella!Richo gee he was a friendly fella!

Hello blokes and sheila's........ so it got to the end of the financial year and I thought....... what have I not done?...there's s an important date that the EOFY triggers... an important memory for me....but what in tarnation is it... a month later it came to me... like a ripping bite on an already taut fishing line ..my good ole mate Richo...another year's gone bloke and I am still dealing with HQ..still cursing Navigator as an abomination that couldnt interpret a lh wheel bearing from a rh escutcheon...still catching MIL fish that somehow turn into Coral Trout when the brag story is a little clouded by Vitamin B ...... tight lines and bottoms up ole mate and gday to you lovely ladies and gents? ( I hope) that continue shooting the breeze on a thread based on  the "Seinfeld" principle

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 97121 of 98,225
Latest reply

I can't swear by this stawka, but I think ventolin has been non prescription for many years now.

I'm pretty sure that is a trade name for salbutamol. I am actually getting some at the chemist today for my younger daughter. Not that she needs it at the moment but she asked me to pick up some as she is off on a cruise next month so will take it 'in case'.

Message 97122 of 98,225
Latest reply

Yes, Springy. It is non-prescription now (and has been for a few years). There are also cheaper brands that are exactly the same. And yes, it is salbutamol (I just checked). Sadly, I would also need the Breo (a preventer), but it is so complicated at the moment to get a script (you even need an appointment for a repeat script for something you have been taking for many, many years, even if they could issue a repeat script without seeing you at all if they know you have been taking that med for years). I have problems with appointments because of other health issues too, so it is not easy, and the Ventolin at least offers some relief. Last night was worse than horrible, so I cannot write much as everything is literally swirling around me. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone... I am going back to bed now.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

Oh, to all who use a puffer - also use a spacer if possible!

Message 97123 of 98,225
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I don't normally have asthma, but I have the Ventolin at home anyway. There are many viruses around at the moment, so it is not a bad idea to have something that helps in an emergency, and, as papermoon said, it is difficult to see a doctor if you feel unwell and need immediate help.

Message 97124 of 98,225
Latest reply

Papermoon, I am quite concerned as I think you need to see a doctor. Is there anyone who could take you?

You are right, if you have asthma you also need a preventer & getting repeat scripts for anything is a pain.

Take care.

Message 97125 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good morning.

Here one can get a repeat script - phone consultation - if you have seen your Doc in the past 3 months - sent to the pharmacy of your choice.

There is also readily available online - telephone numbers for your local Radio Doctor - he will visit at home.

Self medication is not on - there could be underlying factors.

Message 97126 of 98,225
Latest reply

Good to  see you Colic - yep another year - hard to believe.

Message 97127 of 98,225
Latest reply

Hello, colic … I initially read that you were catching a type of fish called Mother-In-Law fish (and thought “Whaaaaat?”)… then re-read and realized you were catching fish FOR your mother-in-law…

Message 97128 of 98,225
Latest reply

Undiagnosed but pretty sure I have a rare-ish asthma… still waiting three years later for another breathing test from Box Hill hospital… and I have a spacer and ventolin to use when needed.

Papermoon, you really do need to see your GP. I wish I could book you in asap and whisk you over to a good GP who would give you a long consultation and all of the right health advice. 

We’re lucky here with more medical clinics and doctors within 15 minutes’ drive than I can count on two hands. Phone consultations can be done if one’s been seen in person during last 12 months; scripts can be sent straight to my phone.

Message 97129 of 98,225
Latest reply

I will try to go to a doc as soon as I can - I promise. Radio doctors unfortunately usually don't write scripts accepted by Medicare. Maybe it depends on the doctors, but I had this experience twice. I got a script, went to the pharmacy and they told me the doctor had not used a script accepted by Medicare.

There are a couple of medical centres that accept walk-ins (depending on the day), but you have to wait a long time until they call you in. Still... when I have a good day I will try and go with a good book.

Last night was not bad because of asthma, but because I had some simple dry biscuits before going to bed and they made me sick. I had a horrible nightmare where I was mauled by some dogs (I don't know why, as I love dogs and all animals), then I woke up with a horrible pain in my stomach. They were not greasy biscuits or anything, but... I will avoid them now!

Message 97130 of 98,225
Latest reply