BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,225
Latest reply
98,224 REPLIES 98,224

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

@arctoph_49 wrote:

Go without an appointment, papermoon.

It can be dangerous to go out without sleep or in bad weather.

If it is possible to go without an appointment, go without an appointment, even if you have to wait.

I once had a student who collapsed after not sleeping for two nights and he seriously injured himself. Sometimes I suffer from insomnia too, although not bad, so I totally understand.

Don't do things that you think you can't handle.

If you know about the Breo and the preventer, obviously you know what you need and what doctors gave you in the past. You can also get scripts online at InstantScripts, although you have to talk to a doctor online for certain meds, and it might cost more than at a medical centre, but considering most medical centres don't even bulk-bill any more, it might be an option, although I am not sure about repeats.

Oh, and have some good tucker, as the Countess said.

Quite honestly - medical advice to my knowledge - through posts - has never been sought.

This needs a good overhaul - a personal visit to a Medical Practitioner - sooner - rather than later.

The bloke who began this thread so many years ago - was not too good at taking care of himself - but he often got a good nagging - a well deserved nagging - which he totally understood.

Perhaps the lifestyle & nagging was not enough - we lost him - just one day we lost him.

Wake up Paper.

Message 97181 of 98,225
Latest reply

I ALWAYS went to the doc to get my scripts before COVID. COVID made things more difficult, although I still went a few times, and now after COVID they want appointments, and my old doc retired during COVID (I think he would have accepted me without an appointment). We always had a nice chat too and he even gave me milk and biscuits when I went for my scripts. I mean, it's not that I have never gone to a doctor.

But it's OK. I will go without an appointment to another medical centre where they say I can try (with a good book in case I have to wait for hours)... No rain and some sleep, and I'll go.

Message 97182 of 98,225
Latest reply

Paper at least get some ventolin nebules and use your nebuliser.

I know that it is much better than using a puffer - even with a spacer.

A nebuliser will do a better job and give you better breathing allowing you to gain strength.

I haven't used mine for over 20 years, but I know it probably saved me - I just couldn't breathe at all.

Ventolin nebules are available over the counter for not much money.

(The 'expert' has finished spouting now................)

Message 97183 of 98,225
Latest reply

Sadly my nebuliser is not working (I tested it yesterday, and additionally it is missing some parts), but I will buy a new one...

Message 97184 of 98,225
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

The bloke who began this thread so many years ago - was not too good at taking care of himself - but he often got a good nagging - a well deserved nagging - which he totally understood.

Perhaps the lifestyle & nagging was not enough - we lost him - just one day we lost him.

So sad, Dom

I keep thinking if only he had described those symptoms better it may have been a different story.

But he explained the breathlessness as asthma and the chest pain as the surgery stitches giving him pain.

Without seeing him, how were we to know different?

If only, if only  😭

Still missed, everyday.

Message 97185 of 98,225
Latest reply

(Hugs papermoon)

COVID certainly threw a spanner in the works…

Message 97186 of 98,225
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

(Hugs papermoon)

COVID certainly threw a spanner in the works…

It did, to some extent, but I can't get repeat scripts after 6 months until I have a barrage of blood tests.

Message 97187 of 98,225
Latest reply

It’s frustrating but understandable, because your GP will want to know if any of the medications are causing issues, side effects, etc for one thing…

There are better ways, but our health system is struggling as it is. Nowhere near enough funding - nowhere near it.

Message 97188 of 98,225
Latest reply

I miss him too, even if I was not participating here at the time. A pity because I think we had much in common (including books everywhere). 

Message 97189 of 98,225
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Hello, colic … I initially read that you were catching a type of fish called Mother-In-Law fish (and thought “Whaaaaat?”)… then re-read and realized you were catching fish FOR your mother-in-law…

Good morning Blokes and sheila's,  lololol no you read right...... locally it is a slang name for Morwong, which is particularly tough to stomach especially if not handled correctly....

.... have a great day everybody.....

For my breathing problems from asbestos associated illness I am on trelegy which is three different preventative "puffers" in one.  it has helped me greatly but is not available to everybody....not sure why?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 97190 of 98,225
Latest reply