Bark control collars

If you search for a dog collar on eBay, you'll be bombarded by 'bark control collars'.

Basically when the dog barks, an electronic shock is sent to the dog's neck that travels through their body.

Most of these collars have bids on them. Does nobody know that these collars are so dangerous and so traumatic that they are close to being illegalized in some countries?

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Bark control collars

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Beautiful, rebel... but a lot of work to keep it looking like that 😛

because of the amount of time it takes me to groom my younger feline boy, Tovar, i'll be practiced out by the time i get my wanted Keeshonden Spitz Smiley Wink

_________________________________________________________________________________Ukraine Serbian residing in NZ who reads most PREVIOUS thread posts before posting her own.
Message 61 of 106
Latest reply

Haha 😛

Keeping my Spaniels clean was a nightmare until I started trimming them. Thinning scissors, never clippers on Spaniels unless they aren't to be shown as it ruins their feathering and coat.

With Spitz I'm assuming you'd use a Mars Coat King or something similar to keep them looking good?
Message 62 of 106
Latest reply

Just found this great petition on change.org to illegalize shock collars in every Australian state and territory!

https://www.change.org/p/australian-federal-government-australian-state-governments-ban-electric-sho...
Message 63 of 106
Latest reply

i use them

Message 64 of 106
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

i use them

I'm very sorry to hear that, mrgrizz. Tell me about your experience with shock collars 🙂

Message 66 of 106
Latest reply

Message 67 of 106
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

You just keep getting better.

Robot surprised

Message 68 of 106
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Haha 😛

Keeping my Spaniels clean was a nightmare until I started trimming them. Thinning scissors, never clippers on Spaniels unless they aren't to be shown as it ruins their feathering and coat.

With Spitz I'm assuming you'd use a Mars Coat King or something similar to keep them looking good?

Mars Coat King? no idea Jessica but i'll let you know when i get my Spitz Smiley Wink

_________________________________________________________________________________Ukraine Serbian residing in NZ who reads most PREVIOUS thread posts before posting her own.
Message 69 of 106
Latest reply

@p.r.u.s.n.a wrote:

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Haha 😛

Mars Coat King? no idea Jessica but i'll let you know when i get my Spitz Smiley Wink

What? You've never heard of a Coat King? Smiley Surprised haha

Message 70 of 106
Latest reply