Caitlyn Jenner

.....Jenner had the voice already, but needed the space. Sawyer gave it to her. Today, famed photographer Annie Leibovitz has given the same space in introducing Jenner to the world as Caitlyn. The Sawyer encounter left no doubt that when the time came, Jenner wanted to glam the living hell of out of the moment. Leibovitz, fabled chronicler of celebrity moments from a nude and pregnant Demi Moore to George W Bush's triumphant 9/11 war cabinet before the fall, delivered an arresting vision of Jenner that did what it needed to do: it demanded you look, and look further.

Why? Because the Jenner story is a million stories untold. And because these million stories need a champion. And because these million stories are blessed when the champion happens to be someone as famous, eloquent, honest and challenging to our pre-conceived ideas as Caitlyn Jenner.

More here .......

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-02/mcmahon-the-caitlyn-jenner-story-is-a-million-stories-untold/6...

I think it's a very well written and thought out article.,and I'm happy for Caitlyn Jenner. 

Caitlyn Jenner shared her Vanity Fair cover in the first tweet from her new account.

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Caitlyn Jenner

A few ignorant attitudes in this thread. Why throw hate at someone you don't even know?
Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

Why admire celebrities?

She's not the first. There are plenty of similar, real life stories, just as worthy, without the media hype.

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:
..... One more question.... Does he have a pouch now?

Edit: sorry I guess I could be a little more suttle.... Naw!!

why on earth would she have a pouch - she became a woman, not a marsupial...

If he doesn't want to fully become a woman a pouch would come in handy.

It's also a whole lot cheaper than a Loui Vuitton purse. Very practical if you ask me, lol.

Spoiler
pouch1.jpg
Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

She's a person before a celebrity. After Olympic fame, as Bruce she made a career out of Motivational Speaking.

She wants to use her "celebrity" to assist other transgender people to feel ok about themselves. Is that not a good thing? Would anyone here being so nasty still feel the same if your son or daughter came out as transgender??? Or would you hate on them as well???

I think some people who are so against her, are so as they can't cope with the fact she appears so confident in herself now. That she's loooking forward to finally living her life openly at 65. I am pretty sure the haters did not watch the interview with Diane Sawyer, did not hear her talk about how miserable in general her life has been, simply because she did not want to hurt her family, her children.

Oh yes, her mother did say she still calls her Bruce, but, that she would get used to her new name. She also said she was very proud of her. So not the negative whichever poster made it be out to be. Esther was in the Diane Sawyer interview, there was no doubt about the love she had for Caitlyn.

It comes down to the fact that how Caitlyn lives her life has no impact on us at all. Don't people deep down hope that everyone in this world can be happy? To just be themselves? Without predjudice? I know I do.
Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

Most people here couldn't give a rats and have given an opinion.  That's what a public forum is for..   We can post negative or positive commments.  Don't need to pick on a particular post and pretend to be an expert.

tip toe through the tulips
Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

Lol, ok.

No need to be nasty and ignorant though whilst giving an opinion.
Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

Hi hiho

I am not hating on anyone and certainly not intending to be nasty. My children, if faced with gender conflict would have my unwavering support as always.

My comments were purely about the media beat up and 'orchestration' in this case. 

I wish Caitlyn every happiness. As you say, celebrities are just people. So, for me, the worship and idolisation seems misguided.

Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

I see all the attention she is getting as being a really positive thing for all those sad souls who are too scared to make it known that they are transgender.

Every positive comment made on social media towards Caitlyn I would see as encouragement for others to live their true life.

This is what she said her aim was in the Sawyer interview. She was using her celebrity for a positive cause.
Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

when i saw a photo of Bruce Jenner on the front of a woman's magazine before his male anatomy was replaced with female anatomy, i thought it was Princess Caroline, just with lighter hair

now that Caitlin has done the full transition, i think she looks like Meryl Steep - but a far, far more attractive version of Meryl support.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________Ukraine Serbian residing in NZ who reads most PREVIOUS thread posts before posting her own.
Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

of course the photos are airbrushed, all celebrities are, but Caitlin photoshoping is nowhere near photoshoped to the extent some celebrities are

however, Bruce Jenner's face had a feminine bone structure so little wonder all that had to be done to enhance his feminity was modify his jawline, nose & eyes

the newly created Caitlyn Jenner is, i think, a very, very attractive woman & a feminine, attractive woman, regardless of her new bust

NZ's one-time-female prime minister, Helen Clark, desperately needs to see the same surgeon & fast!!!

and i agree with you Bright. Bruce Jenner was man with real balls to do what he did, i.e. become what he's always felt he should be, a woman support.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________Ukraine Serbian residing in NZ who reads most PREVIOUS thread posts before posting her own.
Message 40 of 56
Latest reply