Can you be persuaded to vote differently?

Or does your bias and prejudice prevent you from making a careful consideration?

I'm definitely biased and have some prejudices against the right however I could be persuaded to vote differently if someone could show me how we would all be better off.

For one, I do agree with an increase in the GST, I do believe that a closer look into welfare is not a bad thing.

Can anyone convince me that the Government hasn't lied to the voting public? That is a big one for me.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Can you be persuaded to vote differently?

Well, he failed to go to the people over the rejection of his bill to repeal the carbon tax.

If he doesn't seek a double dissolution when the senate rejects key parts of his budget, then Mr Abbott is going to lose even more credibility.

Nothing seems to faze or embarrass these rhino-hided politicians.

It's like . . . . "It's all a big game and the object is to get away with as much as you can for yourself and your mates. What else do you expect us to do?"

Even if they are booted out next time around, the uninformed and the "swinging electorate" still have a lot to answer for.

Message 31 of 72
Latest reply

swinging voter, that is.

I would change my vote according to the policies presented by the various parties. There is a lot to weigh up and to consider and it's hard to lift one's vision above that of personal interest.

Which is why I cannot understand how any working man or woman could ever in their wildest dreams, ever even consider voting for the LNP or the PUP or any other of their ilk.

Message 32 of 72
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

OP: Can you be persuaded to vote differently?

I think it would be better if Abbott honoured his pre-election promise to go to a Double Dissolution election if his reforms fail to get through. Unless, of course, he was lying when he said that that was what he would do.

I suspect that was off the cuff and unscripted, that statement.

Message 33 of 72
Latest reply

Can I be persuaded to vote against my basic life and political philosophies? No, I hope not.
Could I be persuaded to change the party I would usually vote for? Yes, if I believed their policies aligned with my own thinking on important things that matter to me.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

If welfare is to be looked into then the welfare and perks recently granted to the wealthy end of town like decreased luxury car tax (LCT) seems a mite hypocritical, doesn't it?.....was 33% now about 17-18% from estimates."
"Estimates" ?

Actually P007 you wrote elsewhere that is was 10% and I asked for a reference, still waiting.
The suggestion has been  that when Australia ceased manufacturing vehicles rather ( comparatively inefficiently) the tariff on imported vehicles should be removed, and also the LCT. I await more information.

Perhaps the above would not  be a debate topic if the AMWU had not from ideological ground  refused  to allow their Toyota workers a vote in their survival. The Toyota workers did not survive.

If you check P007 you will find that the not so "wealthy end of town"  would benefit over twice as much if the tariff and LCT were removed (not an estimate)

nɥºɾ

Message 35 of 72
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

If welfare is to be looked into then the welfare and perks recently granted to the wealthy end of town like decreased luxury car tax (LCT) seems a mite hypocritical, doesn't it?.....was 33% now about 17-18% from estimates."
"Estimates" ?

Actually P007 you wrote elsewhere that is was 10% and I asked for a reference, still waiting.
The suggestion has been  that when Australia ceased manufacturing vehicles rather ( comparatively inefficiently) the tariff on imported vehicles should be removed, and also the LCT. I await more information.

Perhaps the above would not  be a debate topic if the AMWU had not from ideological ground  refused  to allow their Toyota workers a vote in their survival. The Toyota workers did not survive.

If you check P007 you will find that the not so "wealthy end of town"  would benefit over twice as much if the tariff and LCT were removed (not an estimate)

nɥºɾ

interesting answer....sooo is that a no.

Message 36 of 72
Latest reply

@board_disruptor wrote:

swinging voter, that is.

I would change my vote according to the policies presented by the various parties. There is a lot to weigh up and to consider and it's hard to lift one's vision above that of personal interest.

Which is why I cannot understand how any working man or woman could ever in their wildest dreams, ever even consider voting for the LNP or the PUP or any other of their ilk.

They may never do it again after the latest budget, a lot of working people read the telegraph on their way to work etc and they don't have a lot of exposure to alternative views, sad but true.

Photobucket
Message 37 of 72
Latest reply

I am, on the whole am a Labor supporter, though in last federal election I swung beween the Labor party and the Greens .....  I live in the current Vic premier's electorate ( Dennis do nothing as he is called ), I definanely will not be voting for him in the next election.  Personally, I find the Liberal party to be un caring and out of touch with working class Australians.  I have, on occasion, read Catmad's scathing comments towards Gillard, Rudd and the Labor party in general, they put me off ever voting for the Liberal party, as they seemed, to me, to exactly what I don't like about the Liberals and their supporters.

Message 38 of 72
Latest reply

Message 39 of 72
Latest reply

Message 40 of 72
Latest reply