Cave Rescue

i have been watching the brilliant work being done to rescue this small group of boys and their coach from the cave.

so many have come together and are working tirelesly to hopefully get them all out alive, and back with their familys.

however,

after listening to our foriegn minister going on about how our govt is offering every possible aid to the cause i cant help thinking,

what if this same group were in a rickitty boat floating off our northern coast?

whould we be seeing the same compassion?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Cave Rescue

@neroowoo wrote:

@go-tazz

No one is comparing Aussies to terrorists. The cartoon is show how some people are hypocrites, they complain about refugees arriving here illegally on boats when there is a good chance that's what their ancestors did.

The boat was put as a reply to my post by itself with no comment so it was directed at me.

We came here in 1969  and neither myself,mum,dad or my OH and her family have had anything to do with what happened in any shape or form,(so as I said,everyone is clumped together regardless which I find offensive and unfair)stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

The British turned up took over without asking permission. Australia was colonialised not settled. No one is personally blaming you, me or anyone else for what the ""settlers" did

I used to have Aboriginal friends and in the 80's that all changed when they started accusing me my family and others for taking over their country,(so yes,I have been personally blamed in the past).

Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders want the acknowledgement of what happened in our history. Acknowledgement of what happened is not an admission of guilt. That is not racism

The government has acknowledged what happened in the past,(so what else has to be acknowledged?)

On side note, sick of seeing the words offensive or offend. Everyone seems to be offended nowadays.

Now we can't be offended by what others say or do?

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

@tezza2844 wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

I find that offensive as everyone that lives in this country is blamed for crimes that the early settlers committed,(

reverse racism at it's finest).

We are nothing like the terrorist and to try and compare Aussies to them is vile and disgusting.

?????????????????????????????????

You directed that picture at me personally otherwise you would've included a comment,(and as I stated it has nothing to do with me).

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

I find that offensive as everyone that lives in this country is blamed for crimes that the early settlers committed,(

We are nothing like the terrorist and to try and compare Aussies to them is vile and disgusting.

i'm pretty sure the people who were here before white settlers rolled into town arnt being blamed for their own murders on a grand scale.

i would think those people felt pretty much terrorised at the time and their decendants are still being misstreated quite widely.

The government has acknowledged what happened in the past and has apologised for that and are trying to improve the life and wellbeing of the Indigenous population.

are we not just a little like terrorists to the aborginals in this country?

Do we bomb or kill them for no reason?,(that's what a terrorist does).

are we not turning and looking the other way when stories of nasty things being done to them 'for their own good of course' are being made public.

Which happened in the past,(there are now controls in place to see that it doesn't happen and the government have set targets that they are still trying to meet to improve things for the indigenous population).

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

i'm pretty sure the people who were here before white settlers rolled into town arnt being blamed for their own murders on a grand scale.

i would think those people felt pretty much terrorised at the time and their decendants are still being misstreated quite widely.

The government has acknowledged what happened in the past and has apologised for that and are trying to improve the life and wellbeing of the Indigenous population.

are we not just a little like terrorists to the aborginals in this country?

Do we bomb or kill them for no reason?,(that's what a terrorist does).

are we not turning and looking the other way when stories of nasty things being done to them 'for their own good of course' are being made public.

Which happened in the past,(there are now controls in place to see that it doesn't happen and the government have set targets that they are still trying to meet to improve things for the indigenous population).

your rose coloured glasses are working very well.

THIS govt hasnt apologised for anything, as i said, this govt asked the leaders of aboriginal comunitys to get together and create a document saying what they wanted included in a 'treaty' between the govt and the aboriginal people. then screwed it up and laughed them out of the building.

thats not 'way back when, thats last year!

no, we dont bomb them but our 'system' has killed many even in recent times without even knowing if they broke any law, read the news papers. look for stories like 'indigeinous man found dead in cell, or aboriginal boy killed in car chase. or aboriginal left in hot car during transport without water or airconditioning. the stories are out there, you just need to want to see them.

and i still say, the majority of white people when they hear or read of an aboriginal getting miss treated by police just say 'well hes a (you know what) so he musta been a criminal.

just take off those rose coloured glasses and look, miss treatment of the indigeonous people is still alive and well.

western australian govt says to aboriginal communitys, we are switching of your electricity and water, tough luck guys.

you rekon they would pull that stunt on a white comunity?

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

Thai cave rescue: At the heart of the operation was an Aussie diving group called the Wet Mules

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-11/thai-cave-rescue-australian-diver-group-wet-mules-members-help...

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

wrote:

your rose coloured glasses are working very well.

THIS govt hasnt apologised for anything

This government and future governments don't have to keep apologising,(you don't keep apoligising for the same thing over and over,(get real).

, as i said, this govt asked the leaders of aboriginal comunitys to get together and create a document saying what they wanted included in a 'treaty' between the govt and the aboriginal people. then screwed it up and laughed them out of the building.

thats not 'way back when, thats last year!

Try and get your facts straight first,(Seven delegates from NSW and Victoria walked out of the meeting on Thursday, claiming their calls for a treaty were being silenced in favour of constitutional recognition).

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/indigenous/indigenous-leaders-call-for-treaty-in-a...

no, we dont bomb them but our 'system' has killed many even in recent times without even knowing if they broke any law, read the news papers. look for stories like 'indigeinous man found dead in cell, or aboriginal boy killed in car chase. or aboriginal left in hot car during transport without water or airconditioning. the stories are out there, you just need to want to see them.

Those stories are more prominant because the involve Indigenous people,(no one sees the similar stories involving others as they are generally only reported locally).

and i still say, the majority of white people when they hear or read of an aboriginal getting miss treated by police just say 'well hes a (you know what) so he musta been a criminal.

Have you ever been with Aboriginals anywhere,(as you don't even show them the respect of using a capital

letter when your refer to them)

just take off those rose coloured glasses and look, miss treatment of the indigeonous people is still alive and well.

western australian govt says to aboriginal communitys, we are switching of your electricity and water, tough luck guys.

you rekon they would pull that stunt on a white comunity?

MAY switch off due to not being able to afford to pay for it.

https://news.vice.com/article/australia-may-stop-providing-water-and-power-to-remote-aboriginal-comm...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/14/fears-western-australia-will-close-remote-ind...

Yes,I've seen it happen when they don't pay their bills and they burn the floorboards as firewood wrecking the goverment supplied house,(there are houses out there that are now left to fall apart because they are unsafe because of no floor and the support beams are burnt).

Rose coloured glasse,(I'd say yours are black because you're are only "reading" about things and then stating wrong facts). 

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@tezza2844 wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

?????????????????????????????????

You directed that picture at me personally otherwise you would've included a comment,(and as I stated it has nothing to do with me).

go-tazz wrote:

"You directed that picture at me personally otherwise you would've included a comment,(and as I stated it has nothing to do with me)."

It appears that you may have a deeper problem here, A great man(?) once said one picture is worth a thousand words, so a comment was not really necessary and it was not directed at you personally. Perhaps more at people who blow in here from overseas countries and then want all Australians to conform to their views and attitudes of intolerance and prejudices. Perhaps a pair of rose coloured glasses may help alleviate your problem.

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

No one is comparing Aussies to terrorists. The cartoon is show how some people are hypocrites, they complain about refugees arriving here illegally on boats when there is a good chance that's what their ancestors did.

The boat was put as a reply to my post by itself with no comment so it was directed at me.being lumped in together

We came here in 1969  and neither myself,mum,dad or my OH and her family have had anything to do with what happened in any shape or form,(so as I said,everyone is clumped together regardless which I find offensive and unfair)stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Everyone is not  being lumped in together, your being asked to acknowledge all of our history. I don't have have any thing to do with it either that's why I don't take it personally  because  its not directed at me personally.

The British turned up took over without asking permission. Australia was colonialised not settled. No one is personally blaming you, me or anyone else for what the ""settlers" did

I used to have Aboriginal friends and in the 80's that all changed when they started accusing me my family and others for taking over their country,(so yes,I have been personally blamed in the past).

So a few represents all. 

Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders want the acknowledgement of what happened in our history. Acknowledgement of what happened is not an admission of guilt. That is not racism

The government has acknowledged what happened in the past,(so what else has to be acknowledged?)

No it has not. Kevin Rudd apologised for the stolen generation. There were many other policies that lead  to the deaths and systematic  discrimination of Aboriginal people. And then there is the acknowledgement of Australian society of our past,

which is thankfully increasing. As I said before acknowledge is not an admission of guilt

On side note, sick of seeing the words offensive or offend. Everyone seems to be offended nowadays.

Now we can't be offended by what others say or do? Yes you can, I'm just sick of it.

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

Getting back to orginal topic. Good to see the boys are well

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply