Chemist Warehouse

Advertising items on sale in their online catalogue take your order and money then days later email you to say they don't have the stock due to unexpected delay. This is happening far too often.

Vent over Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Chemist Warehouse

If you want a stat. dec signed icy, just being a chemist

is the criteria.  Don't need a JP

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I should have named this thread

What Cheeses You Off!

Why do Banks put a hold on a Bank Cheque? You can't get the cheque without handing over the money for the amount of the cheque, so why do they put a hold on it? I banked a bank cheque Wednesday morning and it's still not available.Woman Mad

In case it's a stolen one.

I deposited some cash in a NAB ATM early one Fri afternoon, it wasn't in my bank a/c till after 2pm on Monday. I thought that was bad.

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

A bank teller here fleeced  several elderly customers bank accounts, to a total of $20 000 over 6 months, recently. She got an extensive supervised sentence, narrowly avoided jail. No wonder elderly people don't trust banks!

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

@am*3 wrote:

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I should have named this thread

What Cheeses You Off!

Why do Banks put a hold on a Bank Cheque? You can't get the cheque without handing over the money for the amount of the cheque, so why do they put a hold on it? I banked a bank cheque Wednesday morning and it's still not available.Woman Mad

In case it's a stolen one.

I deposited some cash in a NAB ATM early one Fri afternoon, it wasn't in my bank a/c till after 2pm on Monday. I thought that was bad.

It was made out to me, it was going into my Comm Account over the counter at our local Comm Bank.

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

@imastawka wrote:

yes but our chemist has discontinued that service, don't you see?

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

It is a security thing for all bank cheques/ cheques.

I don't know if it still happens (now that we use electronic banking more) but books of blank bank cheques used to get stolen in the past. 

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

@icyfroth wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

yes but our chemist has discontinued that service, don't you see?

Is that something you need done often? ( getting a stat dec signed). 

The pharmacist ( franchise or not) can sign them if they choose to. Probably can't be bothered wasting time doing them. Did they do them for free?

The full list of authorised witnesses is included on the statutory declaration form. An authorised witness can include someone such as a doctor, teacher, pharmacist, bank officer or a vet.

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

I hope your $$ are in your a/c tomorrow freddie. Might be 3 business days clearance?

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

Yep.  It's free.  My local Chemist Warehouse chemist has done mine in the past.

Seargent at the cop shop does them.  

Even the assistant at the local member's office does them.

And yes,  I have needed a few in my time

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

Chemist Warehouse

The Post Office charge $4.95 to certify documents. So maybe some pharmacists cut it out because its time spent not earning money.

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply