Computer problem: Why can't I drill down anymore?

artforartssake
Community Member

I don’t seem to be able to drill down into some major websites anymore. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

For example, I can log into my bank’s website and see all my account balances but then I can’t drill down to see the transactions. I can get onto Gotalk’s website to see my home page but then can’t drill down to select my service to see the balances. I’ve also noticed that my Yahoo calendar does not display properly. It only shows the times of the appointments, not the details. 

I have a Toshiba laptop that’s 3 yrs old. It runs on the Win7 operating system with Internet Explorer ver 9 as my browser. As far as I can see, apart from this problem, it’s in perfect condition and all programs run normally. I use McAfee protection software which regularly scans the disks and tells me that my computer is safe.

I have used another laptop computer on the same broadband account and it works fine. I’ve also checked my internet usage and I’m well within my limits (only used 50% with 2/3 of the usage month gone). I don’t think it’s anything to do with “popup blockers” either. If I turn them off it doesn’t make any diff.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Computer problem: Why can't I drill down anymore?

artforartssake
Community Member

Thanks all, but I prefer not to do the sys restore. I'm not v. technical when it comes to computers and worried that something would go wrong. Couldn't live without my comp even for a few hrs!

Perhaps I should take the comp to a prof technician?

Photobucket
Message 11 of 55
Latest reply

see my post... 

there are ways to fix this problem.. 

Do not go to a techie that will charge you a fortune... 

before that you can always try your Service Provider.. they are often very good at these type of problems.. 

Message 12 of 55
Latest reply

Just recently  I have had the problem also of being able to log into netbanking, but when I go further clicking on a bank a/c to get the transactions list it cuts out and another screen pops up instead and says it isn't working (not an error screen as such, no error code). NAB.

Message 13 of 55
Latest reply

Have you restarted the comp?

Message 14 of 55
Latest reply

artforartssake
Community Member

yes, tried that, thanks. Didn't work

Just checked and I'm running IE10 not IE9 as i had thought

apparently IE10 is causing these sorts of probs

May just push on with Firefox for now

thanks for all suggestions

Photobucket
Message 15 of 55
Latest reply

Try Chrome... it has solved a lot of problems I have had... 

I only use IE for some sites and that is what the web designer has worked with and only made features that work with it... 

Message 16 of 55
Latest reply

ie 10 is causing HUGE problems like you've stated-so many things are wrong.Can't even mouse over thread titles now & read what thread is about.:-(

Message 17 of 55
Latest reply

ie 10 is causing HUGE problems like you've stated-so many things are wrong.Can't even mouse over thread titles now & read what thread is about.:-(

IE10 sucks so bad and wont let you do all you have said above and even more and is causing so much grief and Firefox and Google Chrome are gaining so many new customers because of it.

If you want to get back to IE9 a browser that works go to either of the below links  and follow the simple instructions.

Its actually rather easy to go back to IE9

http://robertgreiner.com/2013/02/how-to-uninstall-microsoft-internet-explorer-10/

or here http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Remove-IE10-and-Get-Back-to-IE9-on-Windows-7-308998.shtml

Both sets of instructions are the same

Message 18 of 55
Latest reply

Thanks Fuggsy-too easy as you said :-x

Message 19 of 55
Latest reply

I use google Chrome and have the same netbank issue as the OP (intermittently).

Message 20 of 55
Latest reply