Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Re: Coronavirus update

@katistrophik wrote:

Of course they do

Why let the health of Victorians interfere with the footy Smiley Frustrated

And suddenly 28 days virus free means nothing to these footy idiots

AFL clash thrown into chaos as fans are booted from Melbourne stadium (msn.com)

Why did we allow interstate people to fly in?

Message 3661 of 3,689
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

I'm at the hairdresser's getting my weekly shampoo & blowdry. Before I sat down, he gave the chair a quick wipe over with Metho. For the Virus.
I said " Metho?"
He said "Yeah, that's all that's left!"
Never thought of metho. Probably just as effective...

Meths is good to kill the bugs.  Probably better than the other stuff.  Strange how they never thought to do that for influenza or other nasties.

Message 3662 of 3,689
Latest reply

almost no untimely deaths involving garden variety influenza last year - might be useful a study as to why and what improvements can be made to ensure continued low national morbidity

Could it be said that a  possible untimely death avoided is a nation one step more heathier , wealthier and wise !

Message 3663 of 3,689
Latest reply

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwih1IGz8NTvA...

Brisbane Lockdown so of course both North and South Coasts are having to follow same, as over the weekend who knows how many travelled to those weekend destinations unknowingly(perhaps) spreading the virus.

Message 3664 of 3,689
Latest reply

I feel sorry for them, and all those whose Easter travel plans have to suddenly be cancelled.  This bug just won't lay down and die. 

Message 3665 of 3,689
Latest reply

The spooky thing is the variant of the virus lasts longer and causes death more than the previous variants. I hope the lockdown prevents any further transmissions.  It's getting hairy.

Message 3666 of 3,689
Latest reply

Think of covid-19 as smallpox and behave accordingly - is good that people are generally taking lockdowns seriously

Message 3667 of 3,689
Latest reply

At least is healthy autumn time , although excessively wet for some . but still a healthy time of the year , a time of good viral resistance ( if one considers flu season a bad time of the year )

Message 3668 of 3,689
Latest reply

No it's not.

Even during the flu pandemic - sunlight was used as a ' disinfectant ' .

Carry on.......................

Message 3669 of 3,689
Latest reply

Word has to leak out to those of the teeming masses of the northern hemisphere , one can install sunlight spectrum lighting

Message 3670 of 3,689
Latest reply