Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault

Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault, sexual harassment during Rocky Horror Show

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-08/craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assault-sexual-harassment/...

well i guess thats his acting life is over.

pity these girls didnt say something at the time so i could believe them.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why pick on the entertainment industry for a cleanup?

No female in any industry should have to endure harrassment of any kind....sexual or otherwise.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Why pick on the entertainment industry for a cleanup?

No female in any industry should have to endure harrassment of any kind....sexual or otherwise.

Why "pick" on the entertainment industry? Are you kidding, is Craig McLachlan a plumber or something? This thread is about him and the report I referred to targeted the entertainment industry. If you want to broaden this issue, then do so, but nicely hey.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

It highlights it, we are not going to hear  about the everyday personon the news, but if this gets highlighted it will hopefully help other women and men who are being abused in their workplaces.  Put an end to this type of behaviour that has gone on too long.  

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

I would have thought that the entertainment industry was targetted long before this incident with CM....what about Geoffrey Rush and Don Burke?

What is not nice about my post....I still stand by it.  All industries need to be under scrutiny, not just those where someone has made an accusation.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I would have thought that the entertainment industry was targetted long before this incident with CM....what about Geoffrey Rush and Don Burke?

What is not nice about my post....I still stand by it.  All industries need to be under scrutiny, not just those where someone has made an accusation.

These women have been brave enough to come forward, show their faces and speak out about a person whom they claim abused them and was aggressive towards them. I am guessing you didn't see the 7.30 interviews. They also spoke to senior members of Actors' Equity who stated this type of conduct is a real problem in the entertainment industry and needs to be addressed. They emphasised that entertainers are individuals who attend their workplace each day to do their job and should not have to be subjected to such abuse and threats. They added that the entertainment culture is part of the problem.

It is good for all females and victims of workplace bullying everywhere that these women chose to stand up for themselves and expose this problem. What is not nice is accusing me of picking on the entertainment industry when this thread is about that industry. It is admirable that you are concerned about this type of behaviour in all industries. However, I suspect the actions of these women will inspire other victims to come forward and deter some bullies in other industries too. Good on them.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

The facts come out, people speak up, and I still feel a slight hint of disbelief.

I thought he was a better man than that, and I'm disappointed that he's not.

😞

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

@ecar3483 wrote:

The facts come out, people speak up, and I still feel a slight hint of disbelief.

😞

yeah, me too.  I can't help wondering if the character he was playing 'took over' a bit.  

No excuse of course but Frankenfurter is quite a 'personality'.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@ambercat16 wrote:

@ecar3483 wrote:

😞

yeah, me too.  I can't help wondering if the character he was playing 'took over' a bit.  

No excuse of course but Frankenfurter is quite a 'personality'.

That's what I was thinking, mucking around kinda stuff. We would like to think so and time will tell.

image host
Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

it was a lot more than mucking about.  If you haven't seen the interview see if you view it on the net.    Nobody should have to put up with what these women went through, absolutely disgraceful comments and actions.   My OH was sceptical, this morning I got him to watch the interview he soon changed his mind.  These are credible women, finding their voice...regardless of how many years ago it was, hopefully they've stopped someone else going through a similar thing.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

And now, it seems, it's not just women.

There is some disgusting behaviour in this article, which Craig has admitted.

He seems to think it's funny and acceptable.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/male-crew-member-approaches-police-about-complaint-against-...

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply