Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault

Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault, sexual harassment during Rocky Horror Show

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-08/craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assault-sexual-harassment/...

well i guess thats his acting life is over.

pity these girls didnt say something at the time so i could believe them.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I would have thought that the entertainment industry was targetted long before this incident with CM....what about Geoffrey Rush and Don Burke?

What is not nice about my post....I still stand by it.  All industries need to be under scrutiny, not just those where someone has made an accusation.

I must admit it has always suprised me that I have never heard of a female roustabout or shearer being harrassed in any way. Working in a physically demanding role in hot woolsheds these young girls wear loose fitting, shorter clothing and work with a bunch of rough, tough young blokes. It is a mainly male dominated industry,  but there seems to be a code of respect for these young woman that appears to be lacking in some of the more gentrified occupations.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Sexual harrassment can occur in any industry and has been for many years

Back in the mid 1980s my husband owned 3 retail stores.  My teenaged daughter (his stepdaughter) wanted a part time job after school and weekends but was concerned about being labelled the boss's daughter.   He decided to start her in one ot the other stores.....the manager was told to treat her as he would any other junior employee although he was told who she was.

After a few weeks my daughter mentioned that she was not too keen on one of the other employees.....he was sleezy according to her.

She was a bit afraid to make a fuss....as the only female in the store it would be very obvious who had made the complaint.

I advised her to have a word with the manager and if it did cause repercussions for her we still had 2 other stores to move her to.

I don't know what the manager said but there was never any more trouble and to the best of my knowledge she was never outed as the boss's stepdaughter.   By the time she came up to the main store she was so effecient that there would be no reason for anyone to be nasty and say she only had the job because of who she was.   At 17 she was capable of running the smallest store on her own....it only ever had one full time employee and a part timer in the lunchtime rush.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

While it can occur in any industry, some of it comes back to workplace culture. It appears the culture of exploitation in the entertainment industry is part of the problem. Likewise the culture of team work and respect for the proffesional way young woman more than match it with the guys on the shearing board also has an influence. The sheds and shearing runs are also usually run by country blokes who still hold onto more traditional values of respecting woman and most would not put up with thier young female rousties being abused.

Woolshed work is one of the most physically demanding jobs there is and the young woman who take on the proffession have a reputation for being dynamos who work harder than most of the blokes, just to prove that anything the guys can do, the woman can more than equel. You cant help but respect them when you see how hard they work. They also tend to be a bit more particular about the quality of their work.

Considering these young woman spend most of the day bending over picking up fleeces around teams of young testosterone filled male shearers, its amazing the industry has such a good reputation on this issue.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Craig McLachlan indecent assault court case hears allegation about text message to colleague

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-29/craig-mclachlan-indecent-assault-court-case/11751230

must say i'm impressed by this witness who only remembers some things.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply