Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Dom wrote: you seem to have missed the bit which is missing.

How very non-clairvoyant of me. 😁

Message 17581 of 17,615
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Please yourself. But I'd still like to know what this truth is and who has been hurt by it.

You asked me - I told you - I'll leave it at that.

Message 17582 of 17,615
Latest reply

Scomo often asks “Who do you trust?”

Maybe this helps when answering:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/politics/australian-politics/2022/04/06/liberal-albanese-domain-webs...

Australia’s internet domain name regulator has pulled down Albanese.com.au after it was found to be redirecting visitors to the Liberal Party’s homepage.

The unexpected redirect was no accident.

Information provided by the regulator shows the Liberal National Party of Queensland registered Albanese.com.au in December, with Brisbane-based LNP adviser Sam Jackson, who did not respond to TND‘s request for comment, listed as the main contact.

Message 17583 of 17,615
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

They should be judged on what the ' party ' achieves.

That is actually what you are voting for - not a single politician. 

While the party policies of a politician have bearing on voting decisions, especially for the rusted on plonkers who have always voted one way and cant or wont ever consider changes that occur over time, ( seems to be a few of those here ), it is the individual elected member that provides political representation and advocacy for the electorate.

This is why independents have had increasing success in recent times. ( see the recent South Australian election as a good example )

In my electorate, changing demographics mean the Labor party could give the sitting member a good run, but they continue to field very low standard candidates. I might have considered giving my first preference vote to Labor myself in the last federal election, but I couldnt endorse the sub-standard candidate Labor fielded. The result was my vote went to an independent with preferences flowing to Labor should the independent not be elected. ( the independent won ) 

In our last state election a few weeks ago, the Labor candidate for our electorate was just a kid straight out of school with no life experience, no experience in community service other than volunteering with the local CFS and definately lacking the intelligence and managerial expertise to have input into running the state and making decisions on how to spend billions of dollars.

How can some-one with such little experience and competence ever provide effective representation ?

Message 17584 of 17,615
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:

Scomo backs bigot.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-16/nsw-treasurer-calls-for-liberal-candidate-warringah-to-be-dum...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all just a ploy to get the Christian and conservative vote.   I'm trying to remember this US politician who spoke at many Christian conventions. Turned out he was getting massages from a homosexual. It was also found out that he bad bought some cocaine, but when questioned he said that he threw the bag away.

Anyway, Morrison is more on the waffle than  6 waffle machines feeding hungry crowds at a football match.

Message 17589 of 17,615
Latest reply

In Scott's own words. 😉

https://youtu.be/aHsFtANY5Ro

Message 17590 of 17,615
Latest reply