Do you like your parents in law?

Do you get along with your in-laws? Why? Why not?
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Do you like your parents in law?

You were lucky.....I sometimes think life would have run more smoothly if I had never met either of my sets of inlaws.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I do, did...FIL has passed....however they were seperated and their other halves not so keen on. FIL partner was horrible to my children, she was horrible to her own children actually, very bossy, now that he's passed I have stopped contact...got enough to do with my own follks.  MIL, partner....PITA.  

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

My mother in law is great. When hubby complains about my bossiness she tells him not to be selfish & lazy & that I am busy & he needs to help me.

😂
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Mine are both still here and welcome at our place anytime ( for a couple of days anyway.....Smiley Wink    )

They where both good to me when I was younger, unlike my own father who was a very difficult man. It would have been nice to have a proper father, but at least I married good inlaws.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

So, you're a domineering harridan and your hubby is an acquiecsent doormat, albeit a faintly protesting one, and your mother-in-law is a side-switching, disloyal partisan?

Great, just great. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

ooak3
Community Member

hate my mil with a passion , fil no time for him because he let her get away with how she was

i will never understand how my hubby turned out soo loving and such a good man 

with the upbringing he had .... maybe thats why ? cus he had no loving parents he knows how to love ?

could have turned out the opposite 

we broke off contact 18 years ago thank goodness 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@ooak3 wrote:

hate my mil with a passion , fil no time for him because he let her get away with how she was

i will never understand how my hubby turned out soo loving and such a good man 

with the upbringing he had .... maybe thats why ? cus he had no loving parents he knows how to love ?

could have turned out the opposite 

we broke off contact 18 years ago thank goodness 

I suspect you could be right. There where a lot of things my father did that where inexcusable. From a young age I have made a conscious decision that I didn't want to be like him. I tried not to make the same mistakes which can be more difficult than you would think as those behaviours and role modeling do imprint something primal and there are probably genetic factors that need to be understood and addressed.  

All power to your hubby.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@krylekathe1 wrote:
Do you get along with your in-laws? Why? Why not?

NOPE! 
Cant stand them, all 3 sets!!!

I didnt mind old FIL (1) but his wife was an absolute bossy **bleep**, and she bossed him around terribly. He passed away just recently of dementia.

In Law set number (2) were completely up themselves. Big fat ol stick shoved right up both their **bleep**s, same as their kids, including my then hubby! (their eldest child, ya know, the one who cant do any wrong!!)

Set number (3) was made up of MIL and her hubby (Disliked them both with an absolute passion. The Mr of that relationship passed away about 3 yrs ago, and MIL didnt allow the grass to grow on his grave before she had replaced him She is 74 BTW and a BIG FAT OLE LEGS OPEN ALL NIGHTER   S.L.U.T!!! 

I hate it!!  (Think Sex in the city if they were 74yrs old!  *cringe* *vomit* *shoot ya'self in the head just thinking about it* )
We've had heaps of blues!  Hubby doesnt get along with her either. She has been an awful parent, and just as awful grandparent. She wont be missed when her time comes!!

My hubby's biological father was known to most, as a rootrat, and a angry drunk, but that must have been before my time. I had a mere 7 yrs with him in my life and he is STILL my favourite. I cried and cried and cried when he went to god. (He had a heart condition far many years and died at age 72) about 4yrs ago now. I still love and miss him.

ALSO, I completely dislike my own mother althought to call her a mother is way to good for her!  She is a down and out mega **bleep** twoboot! Trouble is, she just wont die!  A total hypercondriac as well!  Lied about having cancer TWICE!! lied about having a heart attack!  Lies, lies, lies all the time!
I went for 9 yrs and didnt talk to her. Im currently into week 6 of doing this again!  Ive had enough!
I've worked hard to not be anything like her. THANK GOD IM SUCCEEDING! Man LOL Man LOL

MY own biological dad passed away in 2008. I didnt know him very well. (mother grew me up on lies about that too) BUT i did have a wonderful Step father and in my eyes and heart, he is my true DAD.
I LOVE HIM TO BITS.  xxxxx

He is almost 87. Is to be awarded the OAM next week, and I couldnt be prouder.   Heart Heart Heart

On the other hand of the hairy bush.... Im an excellent MIL Man LOL *wink wink*

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Janeababe, I can only describe your post as articulate, expressive and upfront ...  Woman LOL

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Jana, you just made my night lol....love it!!!! One of your MIL's reminds me of my FIL's partner. She used to talk about doing the deed in front of us and my FIL was an absolute gentleman and would cringe with embarrassment.  My OH couldn't stand her either. Once FIL passed she moved on pretty quickly to another partner with plenty of money...she's had more inheritances than I've had hot dinners, got a golden fanny than one....Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply