Do you see and feel sun burning hotter in 2014 vs years ago?

.....if I go for a walk at 7am in the morning I feel the sun starting to 'burn' on my arms and shoulders and get sunburn after 10 minutes if I am not wearing long sleeves!!. Ten years ago I could go for a half an hour walk at 9.30am without burning-at same time of the year just wearing a short sleeve Tshirt.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Re: Do you see and feel sun burning hotter in 2014 vs years ago?

I do love a good chuckle P007, so thank you for the comic link.

"well monman, I would say that your assertions and statement that this is 'impossible' is not rational, practical nor scientific."
"Very unlike you to be so flustered.........Do you wear a pearl necklace when driving your imported mini?"

I included an important qualification P007 which you excluded: "practically" e.g. I would assert that practically, complete stratospheric O3  depletion  " with artificial aid" is impossible.

P007: ".besides....I never stated that the ozone layer is completely depleted by artificial/natural/unnatural aid."
"I think that the powers to be were laying trails in our sky in an attempt to create a protective layer in the atmosphere to replace the ozone layer that is no longer there."
"no longer there" equates to  "completely depleted", regardless of however occurring.

"flustered"? "imported mini"?  "pearl necklace"?  that is strange scientific debate (forget  scientific)  I think the O3 levels where you are must be somewhat elevated P007,  because oxidative stress can be caused by ozone exposure.

nɥºɾ

Message 52 of 128
Latest reply

BOM RADAR.JPG

Oh gosh a 2000 shot from the BOM weather radar across the Bay (Laverton)  from where I live. I use it all the time P007 and it is not evil, but useful, in fact if you check right now you will see that in WA a couple of the BOM radars are producing the odd spoke of "clutter" at this very moment.

Do you wonder P007 why your alleged evil HAARP site(s) (they are multiplying a lot ??) would use a rotating/radial  source transmitting in the S band, 2-4 Ghz,  when your evil HAARP uses fixed aerials operating in the much lower HF band  because  fixed aerials will concentrate power more effectively.?

The  reason that Satellites can occasionally detect  ground  clutter  transmissions are because they often use S band and thus are sensitive to ground based RF in the same frequency band. If you bother to research (???) you will find the evil transmissions emanate from BOM radar sites, BOM are not evil, I have used them for years when I flew, and now when I go out bobbing in the Bay.

nɥºɾ

Message 53 of 128
Latest reply

You'd notice a difference down here in Tasmania.

I moved down from NSW just about twent years ago, and even back then that first summer I was surprised how quickly the sun could burn compared to NSW.

Just a a few minutes out in the sun on a warm clear day and you begin to feel it.  Too much longer and you can turn red and burn quick badly.

According to what I have read the ozone hole hovers down here allowing a lot more UV rays through, but it doesn't sound good if you're all feeling it up there now.

Message 55 of 128
Latest reply

ref monman: I do love a good chuckle P007, so thank you for the comic link......etc etc etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are welcome monman.

Enjoy the following too please found at:  http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/tour/part1.html

What Is The Ozone Hole?

The Ozone Hole often gets confused in the popular press and by the general public with the problem of global warming. Whilst there is a connection because ozone contributes to the greenhouse effect, the Ozone Hole is a separate issue. However it is another stark reminder of the effect of man's activities on the environment.

Over Antarctica (and recently over the Arctic), stratospheric ozone has been depleted over the last 15 years at certain times of the year. This is mainly due to the release of manmade chemicals containing chlorine such as CFC's (ChloroFluoroCarbons), but also compounds containing bromine, other related halogen compounds and also nitrogen oxides (NOx). CFC's are a common industrial product, used in refrigeration systems, air conditioners, aerosols, solvents and in the production of some types of packaging. Nitrogen oxides are a by-product of combustion processes, eg aircraft emissions....

(N.B. in other articles-science based.....motor vehicles/combustion engines are blamed also...)

A more detailed description of the chemistry will follow in Part III.

The current levels of depletion have served to highlight a surprising degree of instability of the atmosphere, and the amount of ozone loss is still increasing. GreenPeace have documented many of the concerns that this raises.

also found at :http://www.life.umd.edu/classroom/bsci124/lec38.html

...."...IV. THE OZONE PROBLEM

• A. Ozone (O3) - a form of oxygen
    • 1. It is naturally created in the Stratosphere when ultraviolet radiation breaks down the oxygen molecule (O2) into two individual oxygen atoms. Each of these atoms combines with an O2 molecule to form ozone
    B.  Essential in one part (stratosphere) and a pollutant in another part of the atmosphere (troposphere)
    • 1. Ozone shield- the stratosphere (layer above the troposphere) is the location of ozone shield
      • a. ozone in stratosphere forms naturally- oxygen reacts with incoming ultraviolet (UV) radiation (from sun) to form ozone - pollution is breaking down faster than replenished b. stratospheric ozone blocks much of the UV from penetrating to Earth's surface - reflects it out; approximately 99% of all ultraviolet solar radiation is absorbed or screened out in the ozone layer
        c. ozone depletion in the stratosphere (see TOMS image)
        • 1) cause
          • a) ozone is broken down by human-made pollutants. Primary cause chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) - used as propellants in aerosol cans, as coolants in a.c. and refrigerators, as foam for insulation and packaging, as sterilizers for hospitals b) also caused by halons (in many fire extinguishers), methyl chloroform (used to degrease metals), and carbon tetrachloride (used to manufacture pesticides and dyes) c) all contain chlorine
          2) effect
          • a) 1 atom of chlorine can destroy 100,000 ozone molecules b) initially observed over South Pole and later over North pole; ozone is also thinning everywhere else including North America (see maphere)c) tropospheric ozone doesn't replenish stratospheric ozone
            d) decrease in stratospheric ozone results in an increase in surface UV levels
          3) effects of high levels of UV
Message 56 of 128
Latest reply

replying to darksideofthemoon:

You'd notice a difference down here in Tasmania.

I moved down from NSW just about twent years ago, and even back then that first summer I was surprised how quickly the sun could burn compared to NSW.

Just a a few minutes out in the sun on a warm clear day and you begin to feel it.  Too much longer and you can turn red and burn quick badly.

According to what I have read the ozone hole hovers down here allowing a lot more UV rays through, but it doesn't sound good if you're all feeling it up there now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, you are right - it's not good.

Really bad signs regards the increasing size of the Ozone 'Hole'/layer depletion......in the year 2000 NASA reported on troubles.....plenty of images avail online but what is suss is how there are no readily avail images showing exactly what is going on with the stratospheric Ozone layer RIGHT NOW in 2014....even 2013 would be gude.

Stay cool and sun savvy down there in lovely Tassie

- see you at the ballot boxes,again soon too!! (*sheesh) love from WA x

Message 57 of 128
Latest reply

"You'd notice a difference down here in Tasmania.

Just a a few minutes out in the sun on a warm clear day and you begin to feel it.  Too much longer and you can turn red and burn quick badly.

According to what I have read the ozone hole hovers down here allowing a lot more UV rays through, but it doesn't sound good if you're all feeling it up there now."

DSOTM I would need some evidence to support those comments, because I find what you say hard to accept.

I have dug up a ozone concentration map below that covers a few years. You  will notice that ozone density is actually less over the northern part of Australia  250-300 DU (more UV), whereas for the South/Tasmania the density  varies 325- 450 DU, i.e. less UV

You will observe that the "hole" does not hover down there either.

Antarctic Ozone Home TOMS ozone image 1979

nɥºɾ

PS

A check of  BOM clear sky forecast UV  Index for today, range from a level of 15 far north, to 9-10 VIC,  and 8-9 Tasmania.

Message 58 of 128
Latest reply

to monman.....so where's the data, up to date IMAGES for 2011 up til 2014....the present?

You're a monman in the 'know'.....you have access to huge resources.....show us something relevant and up to date please.

Message 59 of 128
Latest reply

found this....at link provided earlier by ca : http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/

showing the Antarctic/South Pole and ozone density on 26th Feb 2014.....but not applicable to 'seeing' what is going on ref. Australia.

it's not that i don't trust what the govt dept links show.....it's that they often don't show everythingSmiley Wink

Message 60 of 128
Latest reply