Does anyone know what these are?

I can't find the antiques & collectables forum:

PB080497.JPGPB080498.JPGPB080499.JPGPB080500.JPGPB080501.JPGPB080502.JPGPB080504.JPG

candleholders?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Does anyone know what these are?

Thanks, Cham. They look like individually stamped, dots on the stems seem random.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Well that just about clears it up, thanks, Gwyn! Spice bowls, they are, ay?

I'm off to list them now.

Thanks everyone!

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

johcaschro
Community Member

Rather than "candle holders" think; overnight contact lens container for very wealthy people if they are silver or same thing for rather poorer folks if they are pewter.

thanks are unnecessary ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I had some with English hallmark (from memory either London or Sheffield, and at  as in from memory, the date was 1831 or thereabouts). They were just slightly too late for my collecting period, and I believe they were made to hold comfits.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Just wanted to come back and thank everybody here for the help in identifying these dishes. I ended up putting them up for auction for $100, got an offer of $80, which I accepted. Yesterday I got the notice to say they arrived at the buyer's location of Houston, Texas, USA. 

You were all instrumental in my success at selling these little dishes. I would have had not idea how to list them.

These are the success stories that keep us poking around op-shops and trash n treasure markets for that exciting OMG item to sell on eBay.

Thank you.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Well done Icy.

I love a good 'OMG find' story

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Too good Icy - well done - thank you for the up.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply