Does anyone know what these are?

I can't find the antiques & collectables forum:

PB080497.JPGPB080498.JPGPB080499.JPGPB080500.JPGPB080501.JPGPB080502.JPGPB080504.JPG

candleholders?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
26 REPLIES 26

Icy - the last photo shows a ' marking ' - what is it.??

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Try Bon Bon dishes

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Itโ€™s a bit hard to gauge the size of these dishes, but Iโ€™m guessing they are trinket holders. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Try Bon Bon dishes

My thought too the moment I saw them. My guess Bon Bon dishes. The marks will tell whether they are silver or not. EPNS, Electro Plate Nickel Silver commonly called silver plate. Anything else, is worth investigating. Most commonly solid silver hallmarks come in three's and fours of reasonably consistent size though rather than a long and short mark.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Just another comment on the markings. They are not consistently placed by machine as happens with mass produced items and is regularly seen with EPNS silver plate. They have been hand stamped .......... interesting ..........Some silver from more unusual countries such as Russia / Baltic states did not always use the standard hallmarks commonly seen on English silver.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

One important thing to look for is uniformity. Are the stem designs in bowl identical indicating machine pressing or are they slightly different indicating a hand made item by a silversmith. The dots in the base wires are the same theory . Are they placed in identical pattern or randomly punched into the metal ? Hand made and they start to become interesting. They are a nice design and have characteristics of the Art Nouveau period. ( floral stem pattern, wavey edges, leaf design all lean towards Art Nouveau influence ) If Genuine Art Nouveau & hand made by a Silversmith they may have some real value.

They may well also simply be machine made, silver plated, reproduction, decorative pieces. Good Luck.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Sorry for the delay in replying: 

The mark is WH90 and can't make out what the symbol is.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply