Dogs in Bunnings

So Bunnings decided it would be a good idea to allow dogs in their stores, but only well behaved ones.

"BUNNINGS Warehouse has flung open its doors to animals, confirming that customers headed to the hardware store could now bring their pets.

Operations director Michael Schneider confirmed the move this afternoon.

“As long as pets are under appropriate control, are not aggressive and do not compromise the safety of our team or customers they are welcome,’’ Mr Schneider said.

But he said staff retained the right to refuse entry to any animal.

“Assistance animals have always been and will always be allowed entry into our stores.’’

Totally ridiculous imo.

3 days after the "dog friendly" policy is put in place and a little girl is bitten on the leg

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/bunnings-new-pet-friendly-policy-has-been-called-into-questi...

*for the record i have no issue with guide dogs and assistance dogs*

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Dogs in Bunnings

i have seen on many occasions

dogs waiting for their owners either tied

to a pole or inside cars in shopping car

parks.

so it appears that ppl do take their dogs

shopping with them, they will now have

the option of not leaving them outside.

Message 31 of 69
Latest reply

If Bunnings adopt this policy in Vic,  I will be going to Masters.

didn't the incident happen in Vic?

Message 32 of 69
Latest reply

Maybe there should be a policy that dogs should be muzzled on a lead? 

from the OP:

In response to News.com.au’s request for further comment, Bunnings Managing Director John Gillam said the retailer was weighing up customer feedback on the policy, which it had quietly introduced in April.

“We’ve had some great customer ideas such as ‘weekdays only’ or ‘only if muzzled’ and we will evaluate whether these make sense,” Mr Gillam said in a statement.

He said dogs had been visiting the hardware chain’s stores for decades “in a low key way”.

“Some have come in on the back of a tradies ute and other smaller dogs have been carried in by their owners ... We made a common sense decision to recognise in our policies that well behaved pet dogs are permitted,” Mr Gillam said.

“We will continue to evolve our policy so that it meets community expectations.”

Message 33 of 69
Latest reply

I'm not going to deny it.

I Have lived for this day.

Now, when I go to Bunnings I can say, in that slurring, baby-talk, condescending tone of voice "Huwwow, How are woo? Oh, wook at woo! Are woo having funs wooking for hardwares?", and then I can say hello to the dog, too.

Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 69
Latest reply

Some people might need to go to Bunnings while having a dog in the car, you can't leave the dog in the car alone (my son did this in a friend's shaded yard and his staffy ate the console and the side door panel) Woman LOL

I taught my children not to touch strangers dogs unless invited, hence none were ever bitten. Personally, I wouldn't take my dog to Bunnings.

Message 35 of 69
Latest reply

(my son did this in a friend's shaded yard and his staffy ate the console and the side door panel)

omg    Woman SurprisedWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman SurprisedWoman LOL

i should add - give me dogs at bunnings

instead of feral kids any time.

Message 36 of 69
Latest reply

Don't worry, I'll think of a way of getting you into Bunnings...

puppy-fawn[1].jpg

Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 69
Latest reply

Would I be allowed to ride a horse in there?  What about bringing my pet snake (assuming I have the appropriate reptile keepers license)?  My pet ram?

Is this policy speciesist? Woman Wink

Message 38 of 69
Latest reply

Would I be allowed to ride a horse in there?

do you usually take your horse and

cart to go shopping?

hmmm....maybe its not such a good idea

after all.  they need to consider the number of

ppl with no common sense....

Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 69
Latest reply

dog-video-600.jpg

Message 40 of 69
Latest reply