Entertainment world deaths 2023

147 REPLIES 147

Re: Entertainment world deaths 2023

You beat me to it. i have just read about her death too. Very sad.

Message 11 of 148
Latest reply

69 - too young.

Had she not had the inoperable cancer, she might have been able to fight the complications…

Message 12 of 148
Latest reply

I saw Renee at a lot of live gigs in the late 60's/early 70's.

Always thought she was older .

Message 13 of 148
Latest reply

Very sad 😞

Inoperable lung cancer that certainly ended her life.:-(

May she R.I.P

Message 14 of 148
Latest reply

What a horrendous start to the year. I cant shake the feeling this year will be like 2016.

REALLY hope that I'm wrong!

Message 15 of 148
Latest reply

Just found out Robbie Knievel (son of Evel) died a few days ago @60 from pancreatic cancer.

And has anyone mentioned Robbie Bachman from Bachman -Turner overdrive. Died Jan 12, aged 69

Message 16 of 148
Latest reply

Renee Geyer had a great voice but I fell out of love with her after she sang "Turn on the lights" for the Liberals during the federal Election campaign of 1975 when she sang this song in support of Malcolm Fraser and his party after the controversial sacking of the Whitlam govt.

I can't find this song on you tube but here is a link for those with short memories or a tolerance for "sell outs".

https://australianpolitics.com/1975/11/25/turn-on-the-lights-renee-geyer-sings-liberal-party-1975-ca...

Message 17 of 148
Latest reply

Just came on to notify about this legend and you beat me to it. Mum said he was the sperm donor for Melissa Etheridge (2 kids). As if being in The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young wasn't enough.

Message 19 of 148
Latest reply

@cam-2793 wrote:

Just came on to notify about this legend and you beat me to it. Mum said he was the sperm donor for Melissa Etheridge (2 kids). As if being in The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young wasn't enough.

Who cares? He was a freaking legend and always will be.

Message 20 of 148
Latest reply