147 REPLIES 147

Re: Entertainment world deaths 2023

Thanks, twyngwyn

Was just coming to post this

RIP, Cal

Message 122 of 148
Latest reply

I have just found out about Cal Wilson’s death; I can scarcely believe it. She was so vibrant, a petite bundle of wit and the absurdly funny. What a horrible loss to her family and to the world.

Message 123 of 148
Latest reply

So sad, such a funny and vibrant woman.

Loved her comedy.

RIP Cal

Message 124 of 148
Latest reply

Words fail, buildings tumble

The ground opens wide*

(*Opening lyrics to She’s Actual Size by They Might Be Giants )

Saw a show of hers once where she mentioned her love of TMBG- so I hope she approves!

Massive loss.

Message 125 of 148
Latest reply

Too young

Too soon

Too sad

VALE Cal

😢

Message 126 of 148
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

Comedian Cal Wilson dies aged 53 after short illness - ABC News

One of the few comedians that was actually funny. A terrible loss for the industry. An incomprehensible loss for her family and friends. 

I don't normally get emotional when it comes to celebrity deaths, but this one really upset me. 

Message 127 of 148
Latest reply

I read a report that she had aggressive lung cancer and chose to only tell family and close friends.

I have no idea how she kept working until the end.

Very brave.

Message 128 of 148
Latest reply

When I read the original story, it said she was admitted to hospital with lower back pain, I wondered if it may have been ovarian cancer. Then an updated report said a rare and aggressive cancer, so that pretty much ruled out that theory, as ovarian isn't rare. It was also my understanding that it was only a very recent discovery. I could have read that part wrong though.

It will be interesting to see if they run the baking show that she was hosting, which I believe was meant to air next year. I don't know if the show had finished filming. I hope they do air the show, just as Masterchef aired this year. I think it would be a lovely tribute to her. Of course, it would be up to her family to make the decision. 

Message 129 of 148
Latest reply