How much are Coles ATM fees?

If you check your balance how much do they charge you?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How much are Coles ATM fees?

I pay with cash and i don't use my shop as a bank. Each to their own, I suppose.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

The supermarket is more than happy to offer cash out. A lot of customers like to get cash out when they pay for their groceries. The fact that one customer doesn't like the supermarket being used as a bank isn't that important in the big scheme of things. They are the odd one out imo, not the ones who like to take up the supermarkets offer of cash out. You don't even have to buy anything in Woolies to get cash out. In our Coles if you don't want to buy anything, the service desk attendant will give you cash out.

Saves unnecessary cash handling for both the supermarket and the bank.. if a busy supermarket gives $1000's cash out each day, they don't have to count it and take it to the bank and the bank doesn't have to pay staff to recount and deposit it. Win/win for both the supermarket and bank.

Do you trot to the bank, withdraw money, trot to the supermarket? Could save more time getting it out at the supermarket.. than the time you complain about waiting while others buying 1 or 2 things get cash out as well. Doesn't make sense to me.. if you are concerned with not wasting time.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Do you trot to the bank, withdraw money, trot to the supermarket?

Yes, because they are right next door to each other. I use cash to pay for most everything. Why would I use my card? it takes longer and then there's an electronic trail on my buying habits.

Cash is anonymous, and quicker for me and when I spend cash, I get the real sense of spending money, unlike when electronic cash transfer is used and then, when bill comes in or the bank balance is checked, I'm shocked when I realise just how much i have spent by this easy-card method.

Told ya . . I'm an old fashioned sort of guy.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

@orabrush wrote:

If you check your balance how much do they charge you?

i've never used a Coles ATM but I do know their fees are supposed to be cheaper by about 50%

i dont carry cash, use eftpos everywhere except the corner shop because there is no eftpos facility.

my mum used to carry cash as she, as acacia is old fashioned,  until she was attacked on the street and all her money stolen. (it happened twice) it took her a while to get used to using eftpos.  It is now her preferred method.  It is safer and more convenient.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply