How much are Coles ATM fees?

If you check your balance how much do they charge you?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

cq_tech
Community Member
I generally pay my Coles shopping bill with my Debit Card, and occasionally take extra cash out. I have also used my credit card on a couple of occasions, but I have never once been charged a fee for using any of my cards at Coles (nor Woolies, for that matter).
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I never use cards to pay for groceries. I use money. I like to keep up old fashioned standards.

I see folks who buy a box of tissues and then ask for cash out, holding up the queue, when there's an ATM right outside.

I refuse to use the self-scan checkouts or whatever they're called and when the shop assistants ask me if I would like to use them, I say "no thanks, I don't want to feel responsible for putting you out of a job".

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I've never been charged for using eftpos at Coles or anywhere else whether I take cash out or not.  I know that the vendor accepting payments by card is charged but not the customer.

It's the same with Paypal.  

Joono
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Acacia, it doesn't take any longer if you want to take cash out.  Also, the self serve is great for people that only want a couple of items.  I would never go through one with a trolley load. 

Anyway, I always wanted to be a checkout chick and now I can ๐Ÿ˜„

Joono
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

If I go to the self-serve checkout then I deprive someone else of their paying job.

Why should I work for Coles for free, scanning my own items and working to use their electronic paying apparatus when I can use old fashioned cash money and help keep someone in a job at the same time?

And yes, it does take longer, waiting in line while someone buys a single item or two and then uses more time by asking for cash out.

Ok, so I suppose that helps keep the check out chicks in a job as well. I'll remember that next time someone else adds time to my waiting by withdrawing cash and using the shop as an erstwhile bank.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

The self-serve check outs at my Woolies are manned to make

sure you don't "buy" 3 kilos of pharmaceuticals for $1.89 kilo.

So they still have a checkout chic/chuck

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

If you check your balance how much do they charge you?

Does your Coles have an ATM in it or near the entrance? Depending what bank owns the ATM and which  bank you bank with will determine the cost of the fee for getting a balance from an ATM.

I never check my balance at a ATM anymore. I use a bank app on my phone or look it up at home with internet banking.  I don't think my bank (NAB) does charge a fee for a balance enquiry at the ATM others do.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Customers like gettting some cash out when they pay for their groceries. The Supermarkets like giving cash out, as it saves them having to count it up and take it to the bank to be deposited.

I get cash out from the check-out person as you are not limited to the set  amounts the self serve machines give you. If I want $30 out I will get it from the check-out person.

If other customers use the self serves... that is less people in the checkout queue you are in acacia. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The self-serve check outs at my Woolies are manned to make

sure you don't "buy" 3 kilos of pharmaceuticals for $1.89 kilo.

So they still have a checkout chic/chuck

True, but there is only 1 staff member there for about 6 or so self serve machines.

acacia - And yes, it does take longer, waiting in line while someone buys a single item or two and then uses more time by asking for cash out.

How much time.. 30 seconds? The check out person puts through a couple of items, the customers says I want $20 cash..checkout person enters that, till opens $20 taken out and receipt is handed over.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply