How old is too old to have a baby?

For discussions sake, let’s not get into age related infertility, or even higher risks or birth defects or genetic diseases.

Just curious as to what people think is ‘too old’ to be having a baby.
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: How old is too old to have a baby?

Me thinks this thread is another pink poo poo.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@krylekathe1 wrote:
I’m 35. My parter is much younger (27). He’s keen for a baby (understandable). I kind of feel like I’m too old! I have an 11 year old.

Pros - financially both home owners, I get paid maternity leave plus can come back part time for 7 years. He has his own business, so works long hours but can be flexible. Also he’s young & energetic. Plus his parents are building near my house so it’ll mean I have their help with a baby (his mum doesn’t work). My dad is retired & helps a lot but lives 30 mins away.

Cons - pregnancy, illness, tiredness, backpain, no Botox during pregnancy, 11 year old is not keen on the idea, lack of sleep, all bedrooms at my house are upstairs & we’re not living at his, cesarian recovery time.

Good grief, give yourself a shake!Smiley Very Happy

Too old at 35??

Listen up. You are, right now, right this second, the youngest you are ever going to be again.

You are in the perfect position to have a baby.

I've seen a few relationships crash & burn over the question of having children (usually for the reverse reason, man not keen).

In your shoes I'd go ahead asap. You'll be fine & the 11 year old will eventually be grateful to have a sibling.

You're wasting money on botox, no one under 40 needs it.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

johcaschro
Community Member

Why would any independently-minded woman of 37yrs (who is already a mother to an 11 yr old)  commit a further 15-20 yrs of their life raising another child? It's for life; it's not just for Christmas. (oh, wait, that's puppies and kitties, isn't it?)

There are way too many of these voracious, little consumers of everything already, on this poor and overloaded planet and you're thinking about introducing another little future-eater into this world?

I've heard it said that couples who don't want children are considered by many folks as being selfish.

I would posit that people who knowingly and willingly introduce another life into this future-limited maelstrom which we call home, are selfishly and senselessly acting locally without thinking globally.

Kids are bad for the planet, they're bad for your wallet, they're bad for your quality of life, they don't even come with a guarantee of gratefullness enclosed within.

In fact, your kids are probably bad for my wallet and my quality of life, being likely as they are to consume a whole shed-load of my tax dollars.

Take a deep breath, stand up and think of England Oz. You know it makes sense. And you'll be a whole lot freer and a whole lot richer to boot.

There, if my appeal to your sense of potential personal financial loss and loss of personal freedom doesn't convince you and my appeal to consider the future of the planet you live on, then  . . . I guess we'll all have to suffer even more pics of your littlies on this board in time to come. Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply